Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Divinity Original Sin

Options
  • 25-06-2016 3:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭

Ok,so as a long time FPS player (Wolfenstein 3d times),i have in the last couple of years started dipping my toes into the RPG genre.

I've only a PS4 and Xbox 360 before that so i've played Skyrim (on xbox360) Fallout4 ,Witcher 3 and action rpgs like Bloodborne,Dark Souls series and Diablo3..

I wanted to ask if any of you would recommend Divinity:Original Sin as ive seen a couple of Videos and im intrigued by the art style and the sense of humour of what i've seen

So any thoughts ,tips and recommendations etc would be really appreciated..

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭LunarSea

I'd highly recommend it as it's a fantastic game, but...

It plays nothing like any of those games. It's a very old-school RPG. Maybe the closest is The Witcher III in terms of quest length, is quite text-heavy, etc. It can be very slow going and obtuse.

Took me a fw hours to get into it (only for the fact I bought it digitally I probably would have abandoned it). The combat is turn-based and is one of the highlights of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Doodleking

Amazing game!!!!!!!! The sequel is in production already. And will be released in the end of the year!

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

Thanks all,well it certainly seems like it would be worth trying anyway,ive not played a crpg really (a sad attempt at Fallout many years ago)
    The worst that can happen is that i find out im not into this type of rpg but it seems if it clicks with me,the rewards are vast..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭LunarSea

Doodleking wrote: »
    Amazing game!!!!!!!! The sequel is in production already. And will be released in the end of the year!

This is excellent news!

Sadly, the composer for the series, Kirill Pokrovsky passed away last year so the sequel will lose his magical touch :(

LunarSea wrote: »

This is excellent news!

Sadly, the composer for the series, Kirill Pokrovsky passed away last year so the sequel will lose his magical touch :(
    Yeah, that's sad...:( Borislav Slavov will take his place

• Advertisement

Until July 18 you can obtain Divinity: Original Sin with 75% discount on XBox!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

Until July 18 you can obtain Divinity: Original Sin with 75% discount on XBox!!!!

Hope they do the same for PS4..

Advertisement