Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Theory test?

Options
  • 25-06-2016 6:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hi lads

I'm wondering if the questions are exactly the same on the actual test like they from the cd/dvd or are they slightly altered or way different from the cd/dvd (in terms of the actual question not layout of the test)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

I did mine years ago and the questions were exactly the same as the cd rom.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭RedDeadMarshal

pnitro4 wrote: »
    Hi lads

I'm wondering if the questions are exactly the same on the actual test like they from the cd/dvd or are they slightly altered or way different from the cd/dvd (in terms of the actual question not layout of the test)

Exactly the same, you can even ask the supervisor of the test centre if you don't believe me. I did mine last year and it was just like the mock exam, exactly the same style/layout. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 38 pnitro4

Thanks for the help everyone! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭finooola

I have a similar question. I've been doing this online test
    http://theory-tester.com/tests/car-theory-test#question/2
    How does that compare with the actual test? Are the questions similar or the same? How long is the actual test?

Also, is there a way of knowing how soon the test will come up if I book it. I don't want to book it and have them say sure, come in in 3 days!

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭mansoff

If you have the latest 6th edition CD or book are fine as all questions that can possibly appear in the exam are taken from the latest disk.

Just make sure you only study the correct category for your exam - do not study bike questions if you are taken the car theory test exam.

theory-tester.com was a good site and should update its questions to match the latest CD. The site used the previous 5th edition CD that had 865 questions for the car theory test. This site contains questions that no longer appear in your theory test and is also missing some new questions added from the latest 6th edition.

You will see from the latest 6th edition CD, the car theory test question bank contains 778 questions. All these questions are listed on quizglobal.com/playquiz/Irish%20Driver%20Theory%20Test

Let us know how you get on and best of luck in your exam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Sslane

I can't post links because i'm only new but if you google 'quiz global irish driver theory test' you'll find the one I used.

All the questions that came up in my test were on that, even the pics were the same ones used. I got 40/40

Advertisement