Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Euro 2016 - Round of 16 - Croatia vs Portugal., 8 pm, TV3, ITV

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Kirby wrote: »
    Your posting history regarding Ronaldo speaks for itself. There is no analysis there. Trying to pass off your fanboyism as "analysis" at this stage is hilarious.

You're moving the goalposts. Whether I'm a fan of the player or not has nothing to do with calling out your reiidculous comment that he should be doing more in a a game simply because he's meant to be "the best".

As I said in my retort. No forward including a decent Manzukic did anything of worth. The game was poor and as a whole there wasn't service to anyone. Everytime he dropped deep he used the ball well.

As for him doing nothing. I think if you watch the game back and scratch your lazy analysis you'll see Ronaldo was the one who won the ball back on the edge of his box. Started the counter and ran 70 yards to get into the box to "luckily" assist a goal.

Anyway I'm sure you'll have some sly comment to pass off the above as fan boyish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Nani and Ronaldo deliver again.

World class

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

I do think there was an "ELEMENT" of sarcasm in that post:)
    Reading it back, quite probably, yeah. In my defence, I've sat through three spirit sapping games today. Christ, they were hard watched.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 344 ✭✭Kobe248

Your posting history regarding Ronaldo speaks for itself. There is no analysis there. Trying to pass off your fanboyism as "analysis" at this stage is hilarious.

To be fair

You are providing nothing

Just blowing hot air, screaming fanboyism

Because you have no argument

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,330 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Poor day of football. Those gamed were hard going.

Your fanboy is showing.

Ye anti Ronaldo railers really make a show of yourselves sometimes

People hate him because he is a detestable diving cheat of a player. Don't get that confused with anything else.

What a stupid reason to hate someone

What about Alba, Marcelo, Busquets, Messi, Suarez, Neymar, Lewa, Gerrard

They all dive just as bad as Pepe more in some cases

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

You're moving the goalposts. Whether I'm a fan of the player or not has nothing to do with calling out your reiidculous comment that he should be doing more in a a game simply because he's meant to be "the best".

As I said in my retort. No forward including a decent Manzukic did anything of worth. The game was poor and as a whole there wasn't service to anyone. Everytime he dropped deep he used the ball well.

As for him doing nothing. I think if you watch the game back and scratch your lazy analysis you'll see Ronaldo was the one who won the ball back on the edge of his box. Started the counter and ran 70 yards to get into the box to "luckily" assist a goal.

Anyway I'm sure you'll have some sly comment to pass off the above as fan boyish

I'm not moving the goalposts. You are just hoping I wont notice them exactly where they are. I see them exactly where they are.

Any "analysis" you have regarding Ronaldo will be taken with not a pinch, but a mountain of salt due to your previous gushing over him. You simply cant be objective and you are irritated that I've pointed it out. You are like Ronaldo's own personal AndersonIsGod. Forgive me if I don't excuse him for being completely anonymous for 115 minutes of football and contributing the square root of sod all during that time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Man of the match performance from Ronaldo to be fair, defending, tackling, trying to make things happen, all shown in the build up to his assist for the goal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

I am a critic of Ronaldo myself but to be fair he came up with a big moment at the end when they really needed it with his involvement in the goal. I think himself and Nani have scored all of Portugal's goals in this tournament. Neither appear to play particularly well in each game but they have both come up with something big when it mattered.

Edit: Obviously, every goal apart from tonight's goal, but both Nani and Ronaldo had a big role in it.

I'm not moving the goalposts. You are just hoping I wont notice them exactly where they are. I see them exactly where they are.

Any "analysis" you have regarding Ronaldo will be taken with not a pinch, but a mountain of salt due to your previous gushing over him. You simply cant be objective and you are irritated that I've pointed it out. You are like Ronaldo's own personal AndersonIsGod. Forgive me if I don't excuse him for being completely anonymous for 115 minutes of football and contributing the square root of sod all during that time.

I don't really post that much at all so I'm shocked to know someone notices me. That's nice.

As for this final deflection, I'll bow out as you don't seem to able to read let alone ascertain what's been written or break it down.

Best of luck with your style of posting. It's unique that's for sure

Also you seem to miss what I said. If you let your hatred go for Ronaldo you might have grasped it. I didn't say he did anthing in the 115 minutes. I said the game simply didn't allow him or anyone for that matter to do something. It was just that sort of game

One last point I find it highly amusing someone with such disdain for ronaldo counters with a fanboy statement. Kind of ironic, don't you think ?

Man of the match performance from Ronaldo to be fair, defending, tackling, trying to make things happen, all shown in the build up to his assist for the goal.

Hahaha. Very good I wonder how many bite now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

darced wrote: »

No see, clearly you aren't analysing the game properly. Ronaldo had a glorious game. How cant you see it? You must have an inferior mind! :rolleyes:

Poor ronnie had another stinker yet Portugal march on, handy game in the next round too.

If Poland of the first half show up next time it will be anything but easy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

I am a critic of Ronaldo myself but to be fair he came up with a big moment at the end when they really needed it with his involvement in the goal. I think himself and Nani have scored all of Portugal's goals in this tournament. Neither appear to play particularly well in each gmae but they have both come up with something big when it mattered.

Apart from the goal tonight of course!

Don't know why people are lauding Ronaldo. Sanchez made a great run, Nani a great pass and Quaresma was on his toes for the rebound. Ronaldo was the only one who didn't do his part..unless people really think he was setting up Quaresma :):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Don't know how anyone can call Poland handy. They've conceded one goal in the tournament so far (which was probably the goal of the tournament) so they are hard to break down and thus far Portugal have found it hard to break teams down, including weaker teams like Iceland and Austria, and now Croatia. Poland were also masterful on penalties today, burying them all in the corner. Could see it going very like tonight's game, with an odd goal seperating it, or maybe Penalties.

One last point a find it highly amassing someone with such disdain for ronaldo counters with a fanboy statement. Kind of ironic, don't you think ?

I have no disdain for Ronaldo. He's an excellent player. I have disdain for fanboys of all kinds. Who are so emotionally wrapped up with their hero's, they simply refuse to see reality. "Ronaldo didn't play poorly. He was magnificent! You are all wrong! Inferior minds!"

I'm embarrassed for you to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Ompala

Seems like both teams learned how to attack from Sweden for this game - painful to watch

I have no disdain for Ronaldo. He's an excellent player. I have disdain for fanboys of all kinds. Who are so emotionally wrapped up with their hero's, they simply refuse to see reality. "Ronaldo didn't play poorly. He was magnificent! You are all wrong! Inferior minds!"

Correct me if Im wrong but all he said was Ronaldo did as much as any other striker could have done with the service he got

He also started the move that got the goal

Nobody said he played well

Youre putting words into peoples mouths

• Advertisement

Benimar wrote: »
    Apart from the goal tonight of course!

Don't know why people are lauding Ronaldo. Sanchez made a great run, Nani a great pass and Quaresma was on his toes for the rebound. Ronaldo was the only one who didn't do his part..unless people really think he was setting up Quaresma :):)

Well many would construe the fact he was on the edge of his box. Won back the ball.and started the counter. Ran 70 yards and was in the right place at the right time.

Of course these FACTS could lauded as fan boyish but let's just hope people can see the difference.

Kobe248 wrote: »
    Correct me if Im wrong but all he said was Ronaldo did as much as any other striker could have done with the service he got

No I'm not. I stated an opinion that he had not played well....the commonly held opinion by the way across not just this forum but many others and by the tv panel that we were all watching the game from. And mr fanboy extraordinaire immediately went on the offensive and attacked me for it. The post is there, go and have a read of it.

You asked me to correct you if you were wrong and I have done so.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

Once again. I think you've read my posts. Broken them down in your head and came out with something completely different than what was said. I'd encourage you to read them again. I know I've tried breaking it down a few times for you now and you can't seem to grasp it. But, I'm a nice guy so I'll try again.

Your argument "ronaldo is meant to be the greatest, why has he done **** all"

My response " define doing nothing? It's a game that hasn't allowed him or anyone to do anything. He's used the ball well when he's dropped deep to get it:

Now if you turn that into a "Omfg ronaldo played like jesus walking on water: then hey that's on you and your psychy. But, please don't be embarrassed for me. Be embarrassed that you can't grasp the English language.

I'm sure with time he will grasp This. Mind you he will probably convince himself that whilst I did say that what I really meant was...........

No I'm not. I stated an opinion that he had not played well....the commonly held opinion by the way across not just this forum but many others and by the tv panel that we were all watching the game from. And mr fanboy extraordinaire immediately went on the offensive and attacked me for it. The post is there, go and have a read of it.

Wow. Stating facts and opinion is now an attack.
    Christ this is embarrassing. How can someone who responds to a post with logic with "fanboy" then go crying hes been attacked.

You havent corrected me

I remember the post he said Ronaldo was starved of service and you went on a rant about how because he was the best player on the field he should have done something

You accuse him of fanboyism, but you are on the other end where you arent using any logic just nonsense accusations

Once again. I think you've read my posts. Broken them down in your head and came out with something completely different than what was said. I'd encourage you to read them again. I know I've tried breaking it down a few times for you now and you can't seem to grasp it. But, I'm a nice guy so I'll try again.

Your argument "ronaldo is meant to be the greatest, why has he done **** all"

My response " define doing nothing? It's a game that hasn't allowed him or anyone to do anything. He's used the ball well when he's dropped deep to get it:

Now if you turn that into a "Omfg ronaldo played like jesus walking on water: then hey that's on you and your psychy. But, please don't be embarrassed for me. Be embarrassed that you can't grasp the English language.

That was not your response. This was your response.
    I have to laugh at this. I really do. What service has he had or any other forward in this game to do anything of worth. Everytime he's dropped deep he's played a good pass and not given it away.

Today I watch Poland v Switzerland. Lewandoski probably one of the best centre forwards if not the best didn't do a thing. Best write him off too. Lol

Next time you try to rewrite history, remember your old post is there to see. You have omitted the LOLs, the mocking tone, the strawman Lewandowski. You then followed this post with several more insinuating that you were superior in both intellect, English and analysis. Frankly, you come off as insecure.

I'm bowing out now. And unlike you, who said you were bowing out 3 posts ago, I actually mean it. I'm here to discuss football. Not trade barbs with fanboys who get upset when their idol's get some warranted criticism.

Good day.

You havent corrected me

I remember the post he said Ronaldo was starved of service and you went on a rant about how because he was the best player on the field he should have done something

You accuse him of fanboyism, but you are on the other end where you arent using any logic just nonsense accusations

Relax now. Soon you'll be my fanboy and you'll be attacking him. Relax with the logic it's now deemed an attack on here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Well many would construe the fact he was on the edge of his box. Won back the ball.and started the counter. Ran 70 yards and was in the right place at the right time.

Of course these FACTS could lauded as fan boyish but let's just hope people can see the difference.

In fairness, I could run 70 yards and miss a one on one with a keeper! I do it regularly in fact :)

No one is saying he wasn't 'involved' in the goal, but some posters, you included, make it out as if Ronaldo is the hero of the hour.

If you want to deal in FACTS, he messed up Portugals only chance of the game and his mate was alert enough to do what he should have done, put the ball in the net.

• Advertisement

Relax now. Soon you'll be my fanboy and you'll be attacking him. Relax with the logic it's now deemed an attack on here

Its to late

The mist has fallen

I shall follow you to the ends of the world and defend your honor

Really? Logic is a insult :O

Benimar wrote: »
    In fairness, I could run 70 yards and miss a one on one with a keeper! I do it regularly in fact :)

No one is saying he wasn't 'involved' in the goal, but some posters, you included, make it out as if Ronaldo is the hero of the hour.

If you want to deal in FACTS, he messed up Portugals only chance of the game and his mate was alert enough to do what he should have done, put the ball in the net.

Where are people finding this. "Hero of the hour" I simply said people can't moan at him doing nothing when the game doesn't allow it and he as well as everyone else has been starved of service.

I didn't in anyway shape or form say he had a good game. I simply threw a few "this is why" people think he was instrumental in the goal.

That was not your response. This was your response.

Next time you try to rewrite history, remember your old post is there to see. You have omitted the LOLs, the mocking tone, the strawman Lewandowski. You then followed this post with several more insinuating that you were superior in both intellect, English and analysis. Frankly, you come off as insecure.

I'm bowing out now. And unlike you, who said you were bowing out 3 posts ago, I actually mean it. I'm here to discuss football. Not trade barbs with fanboys who get upset when their idol's get some warranted criticism.

Good day.

As for rewriting history... you've not come across paraphrasing have you? It was just short hand summation of both initial posts. Which when looked at seems pretty accurate to me, no ?

Christ if you think my initial post is an attack that's a stretch. I stand by it. I did laugh. Your analysis/opinion was lazy if not blinded by bias and incorrect. I simply asked what you expect him or anyone else to do with no service. You responded against logic with "Fanboy", even thoigh there was an anyone else in there referencing both teams not just ronaldo.

I also find it amusing (hey you've made laugh 3 times tonight) that someone so sensitive to attacks on a forum can call someone insecure.

Good night sleep well.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭jam83

Did Ronaldo turn away from the goalscorer who ran in front of him, and look back then expecting to get mobbed himself? It didn't look like he was anywhere near his teammates or the subs celebrating in the corner.
    It looked like that from the tv replays.

jam83 wrote: »
    Did Ronaldo turn away from the goalscorer who ran in front of him, and look back then expecting to get mobbed himself? It didn't look like he was anywhere near his teammates or the subs celebrating in the corner.

From my view he was off drowning puppies in disgust that his shot didnt go in, now I was watchinhg on TV3 so the picture wasnt very clear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Maireadio

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Poor day of football. Those gamed were hard going.

Agreed. My fella was all footballed out by the end of the second game.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭jam83

From my view he was off drowning puppies in disgust that his shot didnt go in, now I was watchinhg on TV3 so the picture wasnt very clear.

I'm sure Pepe and Nani got to him quick to give him a hug in case he'd start throwing his arms-in-the-air strop.
    Playing for his country should mean he'd do anything to help them win, with Ronaldo it feels like just another chance to be on tv.
    His decision making with a football 12 yards out from goal is affected by that need to be the centre of attention, so he was never going to square that ball last night when he had a chance to shoot himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

jam83 wrote: »

its all about him and his narcissistic ego

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

The last few pages are both funny and depressing in equal measures.

• Advertisement
Advertisement