Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Black labrador who needs a minder

• 25-06-2016 9:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi,
    Myself and my partner require a minder for our 7 month old lab Alfie. It's for 3 to 4 days mid week (depending on my shifts). Can anyone help us out?? We live in south Co Dublin

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Amanda would you consider sending him to doggie day care during the day? He would be wrecked and sleep at night? There is one in sandyford/stillorgan industrial estate called positive dog training. The owners are lovely.

There is another place in churchtown called "le pet". I have a feeling they have minders, but they also have doggie day care and possibly may do drops and pick ups as they had/have a call into your house service! I have no experience of it but see the van around!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Amandab

Millem wrote: »
    Amanda would you consider sending him to doggie day care during the day? He would be wrecked and sleep at night? There is one in sandyford/stillorgan industrial estate called positive dog training. The owners are lovely.

There is another place in churchtown called "le pet". I have a feeling they have minders, but they also have doggie day care and possibly may do drops and pick ups as they had/have a call into your house service! I have no experience of it but see the van around!

Hi Millem,
    Yes we have considered this but as I'm a nurse I work till half 8 some nights and doggy day care doesn't open this late. This is where our predicament lies. So I'd be collecting him twice a week around 9 which no where seems to accommodate 😞

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

I would say your best bet would be to advertise locally. Go to your local vet, and put up a poster. Go to your local pet shop, or park where people walk their dogs too. You might find someone who would be very glad to have a 'loan' of a dog a few days per week! Failing finding someone to have him, you should be able to have a dog walker come to your house to take him out for an hour a day - better than nothing?

Advertisement