Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need friends Portlaoise

• 25-06-2016 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hey! My name is Sophie and I'm 19 years of age.

I have recently moved in with my partner in portlaoise. I'm starting my second college year in September.
    I would like to meet a few people from the town and maybe go out e.g. To the cinema, for drinks, food etc

Thanks for taking the time in readin my post,look forward to hearing from you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭ItsShane

Hey, Sophie. I moved here a few years ago and have yet to really make an effort in making new friends. But I did check out a group on MeetUp. There's a group on that site/app who arrange for monthly meet-ups.
    There's also plenty of clubs around Portlaoise which could be a good way to meet new people who share similar interests.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Gaelic Laois

One of the best way to meet new people in a new town is to join the local Macra club... Your guaranteed to make new friends and you'll always end up doing new things. The members decide on the programme of activities for the club. Usually include social activities and personal development through participation in competitions, travel and sport, depending upon your preferences.

I can give you the phone number of the local macra club and you can arrange to go along to one of their monthly meetings and see what you think or you could look up Mountmellick Macra on facebook for more information!!. The local Mountmellick club just celebrated its 50th anniveserary and there is always an array of people and activities... Mountmellick Macra also have their own badminton team and usually practice once a week if that might interest you....

Advertisement