Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leave-in Conditioner Recommendations

Options
  • 25-06-2016 10:57pm

I've spent a few weeks in an area with extremely hard water and it seems to have damaged my hair. I've gotten the build-up out with a clarifying shampoo but the ends of my hair are still much drier than usual, in spite of using a moisturizing mask after shampooing.

I don't like hair serums so I was thinking of a repairing/moisturizng leave-in conditioner creme. If anyone has any recommendations for one that leaves hair soft but not greasy, I'd love to hear them.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I know I sound like a broken record but Philip Kingsley elastizer or kerstase Bain therapie masks. They're both amazing

I like the Elastizer, but I never got on with Keratase. I think it's probably better for fine hair. One mask that's brilliant way beyond it's price is the Tresemme Oleo Radiance mask

1725-1025782-TRESemme_OleoRadiance_CreamyMoisturiser_300ml_8712561936804.png

Which has given me more softness and shine than any other I've ever tried. I used it again this morning and my hair feels almost back to normal - it's usually quite shiny and healthy as I don't heat style it often and it's not coloured.

I still want a good leave-in conditioner for the drier ends though, they got the worst of the mineral build up.

Yeah my hair is baby fine so maybe it just suited my hair more.
    I wouldn't know any leave in conditioners that id be happy to recommend. What I would do with my really dry ends (a hair disaster that turned my beautiful dark brown hair green) would be damp my hair, put the mask on, cling film, hat, leave overnight, shower out the next morning. At the beginning I had to do this twice a week but I'm down to once a week now.

I hear great things about the Aussie miracle conditioner, but it's been years since I've used it myself so couldn't recommend it

Yeah my hair is baby fine so maybe it just suited my hair more.
    I wouldn't know any leave in conditioners that id be happy to recommend. What I would do with my really dry ends (a hair disaster that turned my beautiful dark brown hair green) would be damp my hair, put the mask on, cling film, hat, leave overnight, shower out the next morning. At the beginning I had to do this twice a week but I'm down to once a week now.

I hear great things about the Aussie miracle conditioner, but it's been years since I've used it myself so couldn't recommend it

Nope, the Aussie is more hype than substance as far as my hair goes, it's like that pink Maybelline mascara, I don't know why it's supposed to be good.

When I got back to civilisation on Tuesday I did the clarifying shampoo twice, then the mask on for a few hours with the clingfilm and a hot towel. That Tresemme mask was a lifesaver. I've done it a few times since and it's almost restored to it's former glory, it's just the dry ends annoying me.

A friend has just texted a recommendation for Clynol Sealed Ends leave-in, so I'll try pick that up tomorrow and see how it goes.

Thanks for the advice. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

I got this set in TK Maxx ages ago, they're amazing. The mask is fabulous. Works wonders. I've got thick hair, and a lot of hair and find this works amazingly well.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/91tiSueKI7L._SX522_.jpg

I don't know where else you'd get that brand though as I've only seen them in TK Maxx. It was around €10 I think so not too expensive but works much better than you'd expect for that price. :)

I don't have coloured/dyed hair so I don't know how well it would work for that or if it would strip/damage the colour or not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 lillymoo

Heya, I find Revlon Equave 2phase volume conditioner to be pretty good. Im trying out different conditioners on my hair to see which works best. My hairdresser recommended the site capitalhairandbeauty.ie to buy good brand name products online. Hope this helps! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

Not a leave in conditioner, but I guess you're leaving it in after you wash your hair- I absolutely swear by Moroccan Oil (the real, original one). I've run out and I can really tell the difference so I need to buy it again. I've never tried anything else in the range only the original oil though. A little goes a long way and I love the smell.

The Uniq One spray get loads of praise though, so I really want to give that a go at some stage... Especially because there's a coconut version and I'm a sucker for anything coconut scented :)

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Dee5

Meangadh wrote: »
    Not a leave in conditioner, but I guess you're leaving it in after you wash your hair- I absolutely swear by Moroccan Oil (the real, original one). I've run out and I can really tell the difference so I need to buy it again. I've never tried anything else in the range only the original oil though. A little goes a long way and I love the smell.

The Uniq One spray get loads of praise though, so I really want to give that a go at some stage... Especially because there's a coconut version and I'm a sucker for anything coconut scented :)

Uniq1 is AMAZING! Lasts for ages too! They've a Lotus flower one out now too but I still love the coconut one

I actually came back on cause I remembered the uniq1 spray. That is amazing! Haven't used it in ages!! I'll have to get myself a bottle. Love it!

Right, I've set a reminder to get the Uniq 1 spray. I hope it doesn't leave the hair 'hard', I can't stand anything that alters how it feels.

I got the Clynol Sealed Ends, and I like it. It stays soft and the dry ends feel much more moisturized with it in. I've used it three days in a row (I swim daily so shampoo daily), and while it might also be the Oleo treatments improving things, I think it's making a noticeable difference too.

Hopefully the Uniq 1 will pre-empt any more damage when I have to go back there for work in a few months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭LinF

Candie wrote: »
    I still want a good leave-in conditioner for the drier ends though, they got the worst of the mineral build up.

Mine is Moroccan argan oil but from pro-naturals, I apply it on damp hair ends mainly and on hair shaft, comb through before blow drying & heat styling. It acts as a heat protectant but it also keeps my hair hydrated, shiny, no static, no split ends and no breakage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭makingmecrazy

I actually came back on cause I remembered the uniq1 spray. That is amazing! Haven't used it in ages!! I'll have to get myself a bottle. Love it!

Came here to say the same about the uniq 1. Couldn't be without it. Also the "Indian Amala" in the Oil Wonders by Matrix is glorious if you have damaged hair. Smells amazing and I would use it everyday :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

Scwartzkoff (spelling ?) Do a lovely BB cream for hair. I find it great, soaks into the hair and feels lovely and light.

Sam mccauleys carry it. I'll post a pic tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

Osmo conditioning treatment is good, coconut oil saved my hair after bleaching it. You need to be putting in a few times a week and leaving it over night consistently for a couple of months before you really see results so its a bit of a hassle but its so worth it, after the few months my hair was healthy again and not breaking. The red and the pink bed head conditioners were great too when I lived somewhere with hard water. Stay away from Herbal essence shampoos theyre so drying and strip the hair of all its natural oils and moisture.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

By FAR the best hair products ive ever used (blonde (dyed hair))

http://www.lookfantastic.com/brands/o-right.list

I buy the 1000ml bottle they last me 2 1/2 - 3 months plus the golden rose oil

I've ordered the Uniq 1 and the Matrix Indian Amala oil, dying to try those out now.

I've been using the Oleo mask and the Clynol Sealed Ends, but I picked up Tresemme Platinum Strength leave-in at the supermarket, and that seems better even after one use, it leaves it softer and smoother again than the Clynol, and I've been using some Keratin 10 spray I had left over on the ends, letting it dry in before I go to bed at night.

I also picked up the Aussie Hair Insurance spray, and the Aussie Heat spray for the odd time I heat style my hair.

I don't think I've ever bought this many hair products before in my life, I'm on a rampage! My hair is almost back to normal now though, I was worried I'd need a good few cms off the ends at first.

Advertisement