Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Returning to Ireland after never having a "profession"

• 26-06-2016 1:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi Boardsies,

I'm a long time member and lurker, I just can't remember my login details.

I feel different to alot of posts here. I've been in Australia for 6 years but haven't had a good profession. Just been doing random jobs like cleaning, waitressing etc and it's painful. It's coming to the time when I can get PR with my partner and I'm confused. We live in an isolated setting with unlikely to have many opportunities. I've never thought about returning to Ireland but wondering about giving it another shot and to do a masters... I already have a degree but never got a job out of it. I was 2 years in Ireland unemployed after my degree before heading to Australia.

Would love to hear from any "unskilled" people who might have experienced the same thing..

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭The Sidewards Man

We have experts here who are unqualified, can you be an expert maybe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭R.D. aka MR.D

This is pretty much me. I got a job in customer service/admin. I hate it. I thought I would enjoy being in a job that i could progress in but it's not all it's cracked up to be.

Are you happy there apart from your career? If so, i'd think long and hard about coming back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Blue Whale

Hi Boardsies,

I'm a long time member and lurker, I just can't remember my login details.

I feel different to alot of posts here. I've been in Australia for 6 years but haven't had a good profession. Just been doing random jobs like cleaning, waitressing etc and it's painful. It's coming to the time when I can get PR with my partner and I'm confused. We live in an isolated setting with unlikely to have many opportunities. I've never thought about returning to Ireland but wondering about giving it another shot and to do a masters... I already have a degree but never got a job out of it. I was 2 years in Ireland unemployed after my degree before heading to Australia.

Would love to hear from any "unskilled" people who might have experienced the same thing..

You could potentially do a masters by "distance learning", so you would end up having the same qualification as somebody who actually attended, and you could do it in Australia (they let you sit the exams in your local city, presumably one from the big 7 cities/towns, many different universities worldwide offer these; of course you would have to pay but they aren't cheap in Ireland either in most cases.

Then again you have to decide is it actually worthwhile? Up to you.

Advertisement