Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Diesel Estate

• 26-06-2016 7:50am

Some help/opinions if you please.

I'm changing car to an estate. My budget is €15,000.
    It'll have to be diesel as I'm in that big mileage zone. Daily commute is country roads as is nearly all my driving

I am considering a Hyundai i40 Tourer but am open to advice and suggestions.

Having seen the hardship myself, my dad and brother got from Ford cars I do not want Ford or anything with a Ford engine.
    Reliability is key.
    Also I am aiming to get as new as possible.

Any advice/suggestions would be most welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,644 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

TheTorment wrote: »
    Some help/opinions if you please.

I'm changing car to an estate. My budget is €15,000.
    It'll have to be diesel as I'm in that big mileage zone. Daily commute is country roads as is nearly all my driving

I am considering a Hyundai i40 Tourer but am open to advice and suggestions.

Having seen the hardship myself, my dad and brother got from Ford cars I do not want Ford or anything with a Ford engine.
    Reliability is key.
    Also I am aiming to get as new as possible.

Any advice/suggestions would be most welcome.

Drove my sisters i40 on a long trip and hated every minute, felt spongy not connected, vague steering, poor seats, horrible dash... also a problem with them using coolant.

That money would get you a good 2.0 140BHP (or more) Skoda Superb, 12/13 reg

Advertisement