Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canyon Endurance CF SLX

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,440 ✭✭✭jamesd

Just an update on my Canyon order.
    I received the bike - Canyon Endurance CF SLX and after putting it together noticed a small oil leak form the brake cable so they took that bike back and sent another and it had a major loud rattle from the shifters when on the road or just tapping the hoods. (If went away if i keo my hands on the hoods) so that bike is waiting to go back now too and a 3rd bike is on the way to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭whowantstwoknow

Hi there,

I've just received a CANYON Endurance CF, and took it for a spin, should there is a clicking noise coming from the back wheel? ie if you lift the bike and spin the wheel its coming from the axle...

Thanks

W.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Is that plastic spoke protector yoke still on it? It it is that could be it, made some strange noises on my one.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

A relatively loud clicking noise is fairly normal from Mavic free-hubs. If the wheel is spinning freely it's not an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

It's more than likely the free hub. First road bike?

Does it make the noise when you're pedaling or just when you're free wheeling/spin wheel when bike is in the air.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭cython

tuxy wrote: »
    A relatively loud clicking noise is fairly normal from Mavic free-hubs. If the wheel is spinning freely it's not an issue.

The DT swiss ones that come on the Endurace aren't exactly quiet either, at least not the R24s anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

Hi there,

I've just received a CANYON Endurance CF, and took it for a spin, should there is a clicking noise coming from the back wheel? ie if you lift the bike and spin the wheel its coming from the axle...

Thanks

W.

Try spin the pedals backwards, if the clicking gets faster it's just the freewheel

Hi there,

Thanks

W.

Did you get this sorted?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

jamesd wrote: »
    Did you get this sorted?

Did you get sorted James?

Seven Worlds will Collide

I finally did 3 bikes and 1 month later, first canyon had its oil leak, 2nd had both hood rattleing so loud but my 3rd bike was perfect.

• Advertisement
Advertisement