Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Triathlon Coach Advice

Options
  • 26-06-2016 11:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭

Looking for a bit of advice , currently looking into getting myself a coach in the lenister area around the 60-80 quid mark a month. Would love any recommendations on coaches as I very aware its quite a big step to take and very important to get right.

Bit background. At a decent enough level now and basically want to make the push into super series standard bracket. I'm in a club at the moment which has a good plan but really its designed for the 10 hour week older guy who has a family and kids. I follow it mostly but have the time and energy to do a lot more sessions so tend to just throw random unstructured sessions into it very week in the hope that it will improve me more.

I'm looking for a coach that i can message and get constant feedback off and not just someone who is gonna throw a plan at me and is not gonna care how i raced on an given Sunday. Ideally I would like someone who would do a few sessions with me and be able to advise me well on my technique, specifically on run which is really holding me back, however im not sure if I could get all of that for my budget?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭rooneyjm

Have a chat with jackyback, he'll get your running to the next level

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Pmaldini

rooneyjm wrote: »
    Have a chat with jackyback, he'll get your running to the next level

+1 on this, JB is a superb coach

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭tommy_tucker

I really don't think you will get that level of service for 80 quid, and you would probably have to pay through the nose for one on one sessions.

But if you do let us know.

Advertisement