Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3d printing in limerick.

• 26-06-2016 1:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭

Apoligies if this is in the wrong section but im looking to get some parts 3d printed for a hobby of mine. Just wondering if there is anyone in the limerick area that would be able to do this for me or if there is a shop or something that will do it for me. I have the parts ready to go in stl format so hopefully its just a matter of printing them. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 899 ✭✭✭MiketheMechanic

@247music, did you ever get a reply to this? Looking for a similar service in Limerick.

MtM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

@247music, did you ever get a reply to this? Looking for a similar service in Limerick.

MtM

Almost sure the FabLab across from the hunt museum has one, probably worth popping in and asking, I'm fairly sure they hire out their equipment and do classes on 3d printing/lazer cutting and the like.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭247music

I didnt Mike, as Rf say below i also heard that fablab may be able to help you out.. I did message them at the time but never heard back so you might be better off calling in to them altogether..
    Almost sure the FabLab across from the hunt museum has one, probably worth popping in and asking, I'm fairly sure they hire out their equipment and do classes on 3d printing/lazer cutting and the like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

Just an update, fablab should be able to facilitate you but you will have to do a course to use their equipment is on once a month afaik and then you book in a time slot to use the equipment. You pay for materials you use.

Advertisement