Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Euro 2016 - Round of 16 - Hungary vs Belgium, 8 pm, TV3, BBC

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭vidor

murpho999 wrote: »
    This is now similar to the Ireland v Belgium match.

Similar in scoreline but Hungary created more chances than Ireland did. But they're as shambolic at the back as Ireland were that day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Best individual performance of the tournament by Hazard tonight.

Hungary made it easy, but Christ he was scary good in everything he did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

This is looking worrying for Wales. I know they beat them in qualifying for the Euros, but they are getting into their stride now while Wales laboured to a win over NI.

Wales were playing a tight local derby game, it'll be different against Belgium

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Hazard had been pure class tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

vidor wrote: »
    Similar in scoreline but Hungary created more chances than Ireland did. But they're as shambolic at the back as Ireland were that day.

A second half collapse with quick goals, it's very similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

MFW that cut inside.
    7zNQKla.gif

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Mec27

I wonder can Bale cause them any trouble :D I expect a gallant display from Wales but another collapse similar to Ireland and Hungary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

No team has scored 4 goals yet, funny when you think the 24 team tournament was meant show gulf in class

No team has scored 4 goals yet, funny when you think the 24 team tournament was meant show gulf in class

Yeah, if anyone watched or paid attention to results in qualifiers very rarely do teams from pot 1 to pot 4 get hammered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,383 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Hazard had been pure class tonight

There so so many top class players in that squad.

If they could sort out the managerial/background problems there is no reason they shouldn't be challenging for the Euros and going far in a World Cup.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    There so so many top class players in that squad.

If they could sort out the managerial/background problems there is no reason they shouldn't be challenging for the Euros and going far in a World Cup.

Well here we are into late June and they look pretty damn in full gear, Wilmotts must be doing something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Imagine how good they could be with Origi, or Benteke up front.

A second half collapse with quick goals, it's very similar.

Yeah, the scoreline is and the way they're defending. But like I said, Hungary offered more up front and were unlucky not to grab one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭irishchris

Got odds on them at 12-1 before the Euros. After shaky start that bet is starting to look promising :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Whats that song the Belgian fans are singing over and over? Wales were singing it yesterday as well?

• Advertisement

I think Belgium v Wales could be a cracker but Belgium have a great chance to get to the final.

I think Belgium v Wales could be a cracker but Belgium have a great chance to get to the final.

Wales are ****e, they should have been beaten by the North. Comprehensive 3-0 win for Hazard and co.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

We have a fourth goal. Harsh on Hungary.

Harsh on Hungary :(

Mec27 wrote: »
    Wales are ****e, they should have been beaten by the North. Comprehensive 3-0 win for Hazard and co.

I missed yesterday's game but they can still play very different on another day.

• Advertisement

Somewhere in a suburb Budapest a family sit head in hands wondering what might have been.

This is looking worrying for Wales. I know they beat them in qualifying for the Euros, but they are getting into their stride now while Wales laboured to a win over NI.

Totally different games though, wales had to break down a tight NI defence in the next game they will be able to play on the counter depending how they setup. Could see Bale used as striker next game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,330 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

When things go well for Belgium they're excellent.

I missed yesterday's game but they can still play very different on another day.

True, North gave them the ball and they didn't know what to do with it, it will suit them much more playing quick direct passes to get Bale away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭gebbel

Belgium are serious contenders to win this competition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Mr Elbow strikes again

Fellaini is a horrible player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Imagine how good they could be with Origi, or Benteke up front.

Meaning what exactly!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,179 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Sideshow Elbows living up to his name.

What are these BBC commentators talking about a 'slow start'? They ****ing trashed us and then eased to a win over Sweden. The competition isn't long enough to have a 'slow start'

• Advertisement

They won't be this naive.

Hungary have been beyond fúcking stupid. They just let the best group of attacking midfielders in the tournament run at the centre of their defence at will.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,383 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Well here we are into late June and they look pretty damn in full gear, Wilmotts must be doing something.

Ah I know that. I'm just saying they never seem to click or something and seem to go out in most competitions before they should or stutter over the line.

I'd love to see them win it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭pavb2

Courageous performance from Hungary just lacked that cutting edge

What are these BBC commentators talking about a 'slow start'? They ****ing trashed us and then eased to a win over Belgium. The competition isn't long enough to have a 'slow start'

They started against Italy and lost.

That's quite a slow start to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Mr. Farage

Impressive from Belgium. Fellini is a thug.

They started against Italy and lost.

That's quite a slow start to me.

They have been the best team in the tournament along with Germany. They had an off day against the Azzurri, since then full speed ahead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,330 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

pavb2 wrote: »
    Courageous performance from Hungary just lacked that cutting edge

Jaysus, I think they lacked a lot more than just a cutting edge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

SlickRic wrote: »
    They won't be this naive.

Hungary have been beyond fúcking stupid. They just let the best group of attacking midfielders in the tournament run at the centre of their defence at will.

I agree Hungary were tactically poor but I'd worry the Wales/Belgium game will unfold similarly to Wales/England.

They have been the best team in the tournament along with Germany. They had an off day against the Azzurri, since then full speed ahead.

Agreed, best after their slow start as BBC said.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Green Fella

Totally different games though, wales had to break down a tight NI defence in the next game they will be able to play on the counter depending how they setup. Could see Bale used as striker next game.
    Yes I agree there totally different, Hungary were always going to be very open and their defence is very poor. Hazard got time and space tonight, he destroyed them. He wont get that against Wales who will pack the defence. But Wales are a very average side, they are depending on Bale to produce the goods once again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I know Wales did very well against Belgium in the qualifying group but hard to see Belgium not putting 2 or 3 past Wales. Wales were very poor against England and looked very ordinary against N.Ireland.

I agree Hungary were tactically poor but I'd worry the Wales/Belgium game will unfold similarly to Wales/England.

This I agree with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Mr. Farage wrote: »
    Impressive from Belgium. Fellini is a thug.
    He'll never change now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Green Fella

Well lets be honest, they played 1 good team so far and were very poor. The dross like Sweden, Hungary and Ireland made life very easy for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭RedemptionZ

Belgium have only been tested once so far and came up short. Don't rate them too highly. Good against the minnows of the tournament.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,240 ✭✭✭✭briany

Hey, Ireland's was the closest game of the day. That's something at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Strong Life in Dublin

briany wrote: »

#ReplaceWalesWithIreland

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭RedemptionZ

briany wrote: »

Makes our result against them a little less embarrassing. Hungary must feel they let themselves down, far more limited than Belgium but they're good enough to take them to penalties if they were organised enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

So ****ing delighted.

I thought Hungary would be a very dangerous game for us, but it was a lot easier than I expected. Granted, they did make it hard beginning of the second half, but when we pressed it was all over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Think Belgium will make the final. Easy opposition or not they are still looking more impressive than most teams this tournament. Also when Hazard and De Bruyne are on form they could beat anyone.

• Advertisement
Advertisement