Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not the best of starts to my relationship with Eir ...

Options
  • 26-06-2016 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭

Two weeks ago (June 11th) I signed up for Eirs highly advertised TV, Broadband, Phone and Mobile deal - Happy days I think, great deal, what could possibly go wrong.. The sequence of events has gone like this.

1. Get shiney new Samsung Galaxy J3 
    2. Arrange installment of Eir TV, Phone and Broadband for June 17th
    3. Call Eir on June 16th to tell them we won't have keys to house on June 17th so get new installation date of June 21st
    4. I take half day off work on June 21st & ring Eir to confirm installation. Eir have no record of my installation appointment even though I have two e-mails and two texts to confirm it. Spend half an hour on the phone and eventually rearrange installation for June 24th (after being passed from Dept to Dept.). 
    5. Bluetooth on shiney new phone keeps cutting out - will deal with that later.
    6. Take a half day off work on June 24th to greet installation men. They arrive to install Eir Broadband and Phone and tell me that they have no permission to install TV. I show them my e-mail and my text that confirms that they are to install TV, Phone and Broadband but they say they cannot. They tell me that I should call and make ANOTHER appointment to get TV installed. They leave before I can contact Eir.
    7. I call Eir. Spend another half hour of my life on the phone being passed from person to person and being put on hold. All I want is another appointment but I get told that I will have to wait for a call back from a back room team member. I get no call back and no appointment. I am paying for a service that I am not getting and we have no TV.
    8. To top it off, the bluetooth on my phone has completely stopped working, I try to turn it on and it does not work. I take it back to the shop and ask for a replacement as per the Sale of Goods and Supply of Services Act, as this good is not fit for purpose. I am told that it has to be sent away because it may be an app that is causing the problem. I can assure you that it is not an app that is causing the problem - the phone is simply not fit for purpose. I give in and the phone is now on it's way to god knows where. I have been given a crummy stone age Nokia phone to make do with until I can get a repaired phone or a replacement back.

So to sum up. I have taken a FULL day off work and still have no TV and my new phone has been sent away while I have a Brick to replace it with.

Can I please please please just have an appointment to get the TV installed and all will be well with the world. 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭eir: Stacey

Neady83 wrote: »
    Two weeks ago (June 11th) I signed up for Eirs highly advertised TV, Broadband, Phone and Mobile deal - Happy days I think, great deal, what could possibly go wrong.. The sequence of events has gone like this.

1. Get shiney new Samsung Galaxy J3 
    2. Arrange installment of Eir TV, Phone and Broadband for June 17th
    3. Call Eir on June 16th to tell them we won't have keys to house on June 17th so get new installation date of June 21st
    4. I take half day off work on June 21st & ring Eir to confirm installation. Eir have no record of my installation appointment even though I have two e-mails and two texts to confirm it. Spend half an hour on the phone and eventually rearrange installation for June 24th (after being passed from Dept to Dept.). 
    5. Bluetooth on shiney new phone keeps cutting out - will deal with that later.
    6. Take a half day off work on June 24th to greet installation men. They arrive to install Eir Broadband and Phone and tell me that they have no permission to install TV. I show them my e-mail and my text that confirms that they are to install TV, Phone and Broadband but they say they cannot. They tell me that I should call and make ANOTHER appointment to get TV installed. They leave before I can contact Eir.
    7. I call Eir. Spend another half hour of my life on the phone being passed from person to person and being put on hold. All I want is another appointment but I get told that I will have to wait for a call back from a back room team member. I get no call back and no appointment. I am paying for a service that I am not getting and we have no TV.
    8. To top it off, the bluetooth on my phone has completely stopped working, I try to turn it on and it does not work. I take it back to the shop and ask for a replacement as per the Sale of Goods and Supply of Services Act, as this good is not fit for purpose. I am told that it has to be sent away because it may be an app that is causing the problem. I can assure you that it is not an app that is causing the problem - the phone is simply not fit for purpose. I give in and the phone is now on it's way to god knows where. I have been given a crummy stone age Nokia phone to make do with until I can get a repaired phone or a replacement back.

So to sum up. I have taken a FULL day off work and still have no TV and my new phone has been sent away while I have a Brick to replace it with.

Can I please please please just have an appointment to get the TV installed and all will be well with the world. 
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi there, Thanks for getting in touch. I am very sorry to hear this. I can appreciate your frustration completely. I do sincerely apologise for your customer journey so far. [/font]I’m afraid if you are out of the two week cooling off period we are unable to offer a replacement handset from here. As we do not offer insurance on phones it does need to be sent back to the manufacturer to have this fixed. In relation to your TV installation if you would like to PM your account number I can have a look into this & try arrange for a technician call out as soon as possible. Stacey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

"I’m afraid if you are out of the two week cooling off period we are unable to offer a replacement handset from here."

Lies. This statement does not affect your statutory rights as per The Sale of Goods and Supply of Services Act where you can be entitled to a repair , replacement or refund within the reasonable lifespan of the phone, which is certainly longer than two weeks.

What a liar.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭Neady83

Saipanne wrote: »
    "I’m afraid if you are out of the two week cooling off period we are unable to offer a replacement handset from here."

Lies. This statement does not affect your statutory rights as per The Sale of Goods and Supply of Services Act where you can be entitled to a repair , replacement or refund within the reasonable lifespan of the phone, which is certainly longer than two weeks.

What a liar.
    I know, sigh. I'm just burned out from fighting with them at this stage.

The funny things is that I went into the shop on Friday evening (a day before the cooling off period) and told the sales guy that sold me the package that the bluetooth kept dropping and his response then was that he could only offer me a replacement if he could see the fault but he couldn't see the bluetooth dropping so couldn't offer a replacement.

Yesterday (one day after cooling off period) the bluetooth stopped working altogether and I thought, oh great, now he can see that it doesn't work and it's not fit for purpose so I go back to the shop. This time he tells me it has to be sent away because it could be the apps.

I'm so tired of Eir and it's only been two weeks.

Subsequently I spoke with an Eir employee who is a friend of the family. Eir have contracted out the installation of Broadband, Phone and TV to K&N in Galway. K&N came to my house on Friday to install the Phone and Broadband but refused to install the TV but did say that it would be them coming out to me again to install the TV (whenever that may be). I've now been told that K&N get paid on a per visit basis so I see now why they waned to make two trips out of me. Sigh, why are large companies hemorrhaging money like this. It would be so much easier for everyone if they worked efficiently. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭eir: Stacey

Neady83 wrote: »
    Saipanne wrote: »

What a liar.
    I know, sigh. I'm just burned out from fighting with them at this stage.

The funny things is that I went into the shop on Friday evening (a day before the cooling off period) and told the sales guy that sold me the package that the bluetooth kept dropping and his response then was that he could only offer me a replacement if he could see the fault but he couldn't see the bluetooth dropping so couldn't offer a replacement.

Yesterday (one day after cooling off period) the bluetooth stopped working altogether and I thought, oh great, now he can see that it doesn't work and it's not fit for purpose so I go back to the shop. This time he tells me it has to be sent away because it could be the apps.

I'm so tired of Eir and it's only been two weeks.

Subsequently I spoke with an Eir employee who is a friend of the family. Eir have contracted out the installation of Broadband, Phone and TV to K&N in Galway. K&N came to my house on Friday to install the Phone and Broadband but refused to install the TV but did say that it would be them coming out to me again to install the TV (whenever that may be). I've now been told that K&N get paid on a per visit basis so I see now why they waned to make two trips out of me. Sigh, why are large companies hemorrhaging money like this. It would be so much easier for everyone if they worked efficiently. 
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Sincerest apologies for this inconvenience. I have responded to you via PM. Stacey[/font]

Advertisement