Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

To the racist thug outside Molly's earlier today

• 26-06-2016 10:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭

What a brave guy you are telling a young boy to "Keep walking you black ni **er"

And the irony of you wearing your Irish supporters hat when we have coloured players on our team.

I wonder would you have the guts to say what you said to the likes of Pogba or our own Paul McGrath?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Call them out on the internet......that will teach them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,014 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

This one time..... at band camp....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

What a brave guy you are telling a young boy to "Keep walking you black ni **er"

And the irony of you wearing your Irish supporters hat when we have coloured players on our team.

I wonder would you have the guts to say what you said to the likes of Pogba or our own Paul McGrath?

What's the backstory?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

Irony on irony..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

What's the backstory?

What difference does that make?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Unfortunately racism is not uncommon anywhere.
    Did you overhear this yourself OP? Did you stand up for the boy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭TonyCliftonEsq

Yes I overheard it myself.

I wasn't in a position to challenge some drunk thug looking for trouble that was twice the size of me either. Who also had another drunk friend by his side.

I talked to the kids afterwards and told them not to take any notice of him. They were clearly upset.

Typical smartarse replies in this thread not one bit surprising this place has the reputation it has.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

The irony being the guys who said it probably listen to rap, or fancy themselves as another bunch of twat rappers from an estate in Limerick.

I only posted it here because I thought it a pretty disgusting incident, especially since it was a grown man versus a boy of about 10 or 11 years old.

The backstory was simple - the two boys were minding their own business and this drunk moron found an easy target.

I'm not naive to the fact that racism is alive and well in Ireland, I have witnessed it before here.

Just found the way he abused this kid to be particularly nasty and vile.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

It is nasty and vile, but there's no point posting about it here. The Only Thing Necessary for the Triumph of Evil is that Good Men Do Nothing. (Thought it was a star wars quote, guess not..) Easy for me to say, not having been there of course. Hopefully next time it will be a small racist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,063 ✭✭✭893bet

50 quid said you did an outraged Facebook post.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭rodge123

Yes I overheard it myself.

I wasn't in a position to challenge some drunk thug looking for trouble that was twice the size of me either. Who also had another drunk friend by his side.

I talked to the kids afterwards and told them not to take any notice of him. They were clearly upset.

Typical smartarse replies in this thread not one bit surprising this place has the reputation it has.

You could have called the guards on behalf of the young lads and asked them to wait with you?

893bet wrote: »
    50 quid said you did an outraged Facebook post.

It says more about you that you'd rather take a swipe at me than contribute anything of note to the thread.

I'm requesting a mod close this thread. Clearly more posters here want to take a pop at me than discuss or contribute anything of note concerning a child being racially abused on the streets of our city.

A pretty poor reflection on this forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,203 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

I'm requesting a mod close this thread. Clearly more posters here want to take a pop at me than discuss or contribute anything of note concerning a child being racially abused on the streets of our city.

Welcome to the Internet sadly.
    People love to wind people up or post all sorts of crap.

It's annoying mate. You were just talking about an incident today but that's not good enough for some.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

You saw a racist incident and instead of doing something like reporting it to the authorities, you decided to wait a few hours and then come onto an anonymous internet forum to call the person out.

Thats not going to help the situation in any way or stop it occuring again in the future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭moc moc a moc

But you're hoping they pay diligent attention to the Limerick forum on Boards.ie?

And you're complaining about them not "having the guts" to say things to people's faces?

Oh yeah because confronting a drunk thug and his friend both looking for trouble and both twice my size would have been the right thing to do to keep the know it alls on boards happy.

I'd have gotten my head kicked in or worse. I said already I wasn't in a position to do something about it but its good to know where people on this forum stand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,063 ✭✭✭893bet

It says more about you that you'd rather take a swipe at me than contribute anything of note to the thread.

U ok hun?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Mod Note: Thread closed.

On a side note, I'd ask posters on here to take a look at themselves. There now seems a complete inability for intelligent discussion, taking one persons view or opinion and not going down their neck or dragging the threads off topic. You blame the mods for this, but guys, have a look a these threads and you will see why they are closed.

The OP posted about a not pleasant experience but yet this has led to ridicule.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement