Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Dame Lane one of the most dangerous parts of Dublin ?

Options
  • 27-06-2016 12:30am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 702 ✭✭✭

I've lost count of the amount of times I've heard of people be getting assaulted on Dame Lane.

It's seems to be a very dodgy part of Dublin.

I wonder why so many scumbags hang out there ?

http://www.rte.ie/news/2016/0626/798248-dublin-assault-appeal/
    A witness appeal has been launched following an alleged assault in Dublin city centre last night.
    Gardaí were alerted after the discovery of an unconscious man by a member of the public on Dame Lane, Dublin 2, at about 11.30pm.
    The man in his late 30s was found with serious head injuries, close to the entrance to a pub on Dame Lane.
    Medical assistance was sought and the man was taken to St James' Hospital and has since been transferred to Beaumont, where he remains in a serious condition.
    Anyone who was in the Dame Lane area on 25 June from 11pm to midnight is asked to contact Pearse Street Garda Station on 01-666-9000.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Green Fella

Sounds very similar to the Romanian mob who were at this few years back in same area, if the Gardai havent sorted it out by now, they are totally inept. I would imagine they are Roma gypsies because there are many of them around and they are the only Romanian gang I've heard of in this country. The normal Romanians I've not heard causing trouble here and I know a few.

The Gardai tend to ignore actions by these gangs for politically correct reasons. Honestly I will say no more on these people because I dont want a ban, but they offer absolutely nothing to society only crime and we would better off if these gangs were all deported, they do it in Britain should do it here.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/teenage-thugs-target-gay-and-drunk-men-in-alleys-30220912.html

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055194915

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/upsurge-in-thefts-as-pickpocket-gangs-settle-in-for-tourist-season-30354935.html

Now in saying all that it could be an unrelated incident. But I havent heard of any of that gang be sent to prison, so theres no reason to believe it isnt them.

They also specifically target drunks (robbed my phone) and tourists, because the chances of prosecution is lower, and the target is easier.
    Gardai say the gangs are very well organised and aware of Ireland's liberal bail laws. They believe the gangs intend staying here even though they have been arrested and bailed until they face trial and possible jail time.

With delays in cases coming to trial, gardai believe that will allow the gangs to remain here until the end of the main summer tourist season. Their preparations in advance of arriving in Dublin include making arrangements for legal representation and for bail bondsmen in the event of arrest and charges.

The gangs are also aware that targeting foreign tourists creates difficulties in prosecutions because by the time any case is heading for trial, the tourists have returned home and it becomes expensive and problematic for gardai to arrange for victims to return to Ireland to give evidence. They also know that if they leave before their trial date, gardai are faced with the further complication of issuing European arrest warrants and making expensive extradition arrangements.

In one way you have to admire the sheer gall of these people and way they totally play the system.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Sure was some woman on liveline weeks ago who had a small clothes shop up around there saying she,d over 2ks worth of stock nicked by the same kinda people who blatantly walked into the shop took stuff off the racks and put it up their dresses. These scum have no shame and are parasites and leeches on the city. They contribute nothing but take everything, theyre not even wanted in their own country

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

This wasn't 4am in the morning.
    Dame Lane would have been busy at that time surely?
    Surprised no one noticed anything as he was only 'found' and they just assume assaulted.

Poor man and family.
    Hope he recovers.

Temple Bar and all areas around were packed with the Gay Pride festival.
    There seemed to be an increase in security which was great to see, but I still saw a lot of scumbaggery about, and heard of a lot of fights / bottles thrown etc...

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Honestly I will say no more on these people because I dont want a ban,
    Admirable.
    But then you go and say it!
    but they offer absolutely nothing to society only crime and we would better off if these gangs were all deported, they do it in Britain should do it here.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/teenage-thugs-target-gay-and-drunk-men-in-alleys-30220912.html

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055194915

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/upsurge-in-thefts-as-pickpocket-gangs-settle-in-for-tourist-season-30354935.html

Now in saying all that it could be an unrelated incident. But I havent heard of any of that gang be sent to prison, so theres no reason to believe it isnt them.
    They also specifically target drunks (robbed my phone) and tourists, because the chances of prosecution is lower, and the target is easier.

In one way you have to admire the sheer gall of these people and way they totally play the system.
    I don't know what happened but in all likelihood, it was Irish scumbags that carried out this attack!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,628 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Scum deserves to be called out, irrespective of where they are from or their ethnic background.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

linking to stories about foreign people doing bad things is racist now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭genericguy

Only here it is. Half the people on here are uncle tom, hating white irish people to be seen to be cool.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I couldn't give a toss whether or not you or anyone else is racist. You're view is not going to change my life.
    However, I was amused by the "I won't want say anything but..."

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/man-hurt-in-suspected-homophobic-attack-after-gay-pride-event-34835794.html

The victim, said to be in his late 30s, had attended the hugely successful Gay Pride event in the city earlier in the day.

It is understood that he encountered his attacker on Dame Lane and was struck once, falling to the pavement.
    Gardaí do not believe that the attacker was known to the victim prior to the assault.

Gardaí are looking at a number of different enquiries - including the possibility it was a homophobic attack.
    Detectives hope to speak to the victim soon as he recovers.

A suspect for the attack is known to gardaí and the man was being sought for questioning by gardaí last night.

• Advertisement

kbannon wrote: »
    Admirable.
    But then you go and say it!

I don't know what happened but in all likelihood, it was Irish scumbags that carried out this attack!

I'm not sure why you would dismiss the fact that these gangs/people are well active in this particular Dame Lane area. Its the same in London, near the Eiffell Tower in Paris, Barcelona etc. If it was in other areas or other gangs had history in the area, they wouldnt be brought up.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Simon2015

glasso wrote: »
    http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/man-hurt-in-suspected-homophobic-attack-after-gay-pride-event-34835794.html

The victim, said to be in his late 30s, had attended the hugely successful Gay Pride event in the city earlier in the day.

It is understood that he encountered his attacker on Dame Lane and was struck once, falling to the pavement.
    Gardaí do not believe that the attacker was known to the victim prior to the assault.

Gardaí are looking at a number of different enquiries - including the possibility it was a homophobic attack.

A suspect for the attack is known to gardaí and the man was being sought for questioning by gardaí last night.

The suspect probably has 50 plus previous convictions but will claim this is a one off incidenet and will never happen again.

glasso wrote: »

Funny how they always say a suspect is know to Gardai. Half the country must be known to Gardai at this stage. Seems just an attempt to big themselves up.

Its a bit like Arsene Wenger and his "I nearly signed him" lark. Yeah you knew him for 15 years but now Chelsea have him....:rolleyes:

Funny how they always say a suspect is know to Gardai. Half the country must be known to Gardai at this stage. Seems just an attempt to big themselves up.

Its a bit like Arsene Wenger and his "I nearly signed him" lark. Yeah you knew him for 15 years but now Chelsea have him....:rolleyes:

big up what? Everyone knows that "known to Gardai" is a euphemism for "known toerag with previous". I speculate that this suspect was caught on cctv on dame lane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Mr. Farage

They must take their lead from our political class then.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,294 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Lot of junkies walk around that street begging for money off drunk people. At that time the place would have been busy, so hopefully the scumbag is found.

That's just a media codeword to say he's a scumbag without actually saying it. Simple as that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Roma gypsies aren't from Romania people.

Roma gypsies aren't from Romania people.
    The vast majority of them are, the ones in this country anyway. The confusion starts because alot of people think they are the same but they arent.

The Roma gypsies are the organised gangs

The other Romanians are just normal. Their referees rob us in football matches...:rolleyes:

Without opening a can of worms, its a bit like Irish people and Irish Travellers. Although I'm not implying Travellers are involved in crime. lol

The vast majority of them are, the ones in this country anyway. The confusion starts because alot of people think they are the same but they arent.

The other Romanians are just normal. Their referees rob us in football matches...:rolleyes:

Without opening a can of worms, its a bit like Irish people and Irish Travellers. Although I'm not implying Travellers are involved in crime. lol

No, no they're just not. It's not like Irish people and Irish travelers.

No, no they're just not. It's not like Irish people and Irish travelers.

They're just not Romanians because you say? Care to expand on that or where you believe they come from. Because if you ask these people where they are from they will say Romania.

• Advertisement

They're just not Romanians because you say? Care to expand on that or where you believe they come from. Because if you ask these people where they are from they will say Romania.

No because it's fact. Google it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Mod: Can of casual racism worms definitely opened, so thread closed and warning given.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement