Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help me Vape without Reaction

• 27-06-2016 10:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi guys , i gave up smoking when i became pregnant and am now back on but on e cig instead. It doesnt seem to agree with me do as my chest feels heavy around the throat area , perhaps swollen im not sure. Im wondering if anyone has had a reaction and how they resolved it? Also is there an e juice tobacco flavour in Ireland ( or low p&P abroad ) thats maybe high VG or organic that might help. Im hoping i just build up a tolerance but its been a few months. Im now on logic pro .

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭Speedwell

My mother-in-law cannot vape because her GP told her it significantly aggravated her asthma. I'm not saying that is what is wrong with you, but perhaps a visit to the GP would help sort things out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

If you were off cigarettes cold turkey for your pregnancy, there's every chance the nicotine is aggravating your throat, your throat won't be used to a throat hit anymore.
    It could be a PG intolerance, or even a VG intolerance (much less common), but I'd start with reducing your nicotine level and switching to a higher VG liquid.

I don't use tobaccos myself so don't know any high VG ones off hand, but I'm pretty sure the guys in Vintage Vape Rooms and Republic of Vape do mostly high VG liquids so might be no harm facebooking both of them to ask if they stock high VG tobaccos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

As above. This comes up often enough, and on occasion it hasn't been anything to do with the liquid. Go see the doctor if it doesn't improve.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 195 ✭✭j26m

I got a reaction to PG after a few weeks - when I switched to a higher VG and reduced the nicotine from 18mg to 9mg, the symptoms faded quickly.

Bear in mind that vaping can also dehydrate you - are you taking in enough liquids?

As for juices, I don't use tobacco flavours, but Freshcig/Onepoundliquid has higher vg in its lower nicotine strengths.

Advertisement