Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paying weekly

Options
  • 27-06-2016 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭

Hi is it possible to pay a set amount weekly off my bill and then whatever is outstanding when I get the bill at the nd of the month?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi shalom,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Yes, it certainly is, however if the customer is registered for direct debit, there are some important things to note, so do let us know if you have direct debit.

Also, depending on payment method, allow a minimum of one working day and a maximum of three working days for a payment to reach your Electric Ireland account.

We are here until 6pm.

Kind regards,
    Una

________

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭shalom

Hi shalom,

Yes, it certainly is, however if the customer is registered for direct debit, there are some important things to note, so do let us know if you have direct debit.

Also, depending on payment method, allow a minimum of one working day and a maximum of three working days for a payment to reach your Electric Ireland account.

We are here until 6pm.

Kind regards,
    Una

________
    Thanks for the quick response. yes I am registered for direct debit. Do I get onto my own bank and set it up from there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi again shalom,

Happy to help.

If you have direct debit on your Electric Ireland account and wish to make payments onto your account in advance of your bill, to reduce it, the following is important to note:

- The instruction to collect the direct debit is sent by Electric Ireland to the bank up to six working days (so weekends and bank holidays are not included) in advance of the direct debit due date, so any manual payment made onto your Electric Ireland account during this time would not go towards the latest bill and would sit as credit on your Electric Ireland account until the next bill.
    - If you are in receipt of savings for having direct debit, ensure to make pre-payment by electronic means only - i.e. debit/credit card on our website or internet banking.

Just to advise also: if you are not currently in receipt of a savings offering, contact our Sales team on 1850 30 50 90.

Any further questions, do let us know.

Kind regards,
    Una

________

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Is it possible to set up a standing order to build up credit on my account while still paying by DD please say YES :)

cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭EI: Aoife

Hi danjo-xx,

A standing order is an agreement between you and your bank. You can set up a standing order at any time with your bank, but your direct debit will collect what is left to be paid on the bill. We are required to give the bank notice of between five and seven working days before collecting a direct debit. The amount on your account at this time is the amount that we will collect even if we were to receive a payment after. If you are in credit then nothing will be collected.

We also have an equaliser option, where we collect set monthly amounts. These will be equal payments spread throughout the year to be collected regardless of your balance. At the end of the year, any under or over payment will be factored into deciding the equaliser amount for the following year. You can find out more here.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
    Aoife

________

• Advertisement

A standing order is an agreement between you and your bank. You can set up a standing order at any time with your bank, but your direct debit will collect what is left to be paid on the bill. We are required to give the bank notice of between five and seven working days before collecting a direct debit. The amount on your account at this time is the amount that we will collect even if we were to receive a payment after. If you are in credit then nothing will be collected.

So can u give me an EI bank a/c number so I can
    set up a standing order.

Hi danjo-xx,

Thank you for getting back to us.

We would recommend that you ensure your Electric Ireland account number is given as the reference if you set up the standing order online.

Our bank details are as follows:

IBAN: IE36AIBK93208681900087

BIC: AIBKIE2D

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
    Aoife

________

Thanks Aoife that's great.

Hi danjo-xx,

You are very welcome.

Please let us know if you have any other queries.

Thanks,
    Aoife

________

Advertisement