Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New runners - Blister one side only

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

It might be helpful if the OP tells us what model of shoe he bought, and then if he's flat footed, a pronator etc. and we'd have an idea if the shoe is suited or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Right - as it seems that no one paid heed to my warning, I have deleted all recent sniping posts and issued infractions.

Stay civil to each other, and offer helpful advice.

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭madanall

Personally speaking, if you bring this to the Small Claims Court, I don't reckon you have a leg to stand on.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

I think the biggest problem is the op has only worn them around the house, surely they need to be worn more to break them in?

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭hearmehearye

What I can't fathom is why you didn't return them to say they didn't fit? Unless you went running marathons the day you bought them, I'd imagine wear and tear to be absolutely minimal by the time you realized they were rubbing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭livedadream

What I can't fathom is why you didn't return them to say they didn't fit? Unless you went running marathons the day you bought them, I'd imagine wear and tear to be absolutely minimal by the time you realized they were rubbing?

OP did say they brought them 'a few' weeks after purchase and the store said they couldnt find anything wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭hearmehearye

OP did say they brought them 'a few' weeks after purchase and the store said they couldnt find anything wrong.

I saw that... But I just can't understand why OP didn't bring them in within 30 days or whatever the shop's policy is, saying they didn't fit?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭livedadream

I saw that... But I just can't understand why OP didn't bring them in within 30 days or whatever the shop's policy is, saying they didn't fit?

im not sure either,
    if they didnt bring them back within the change of mind window fair enough to the shop

but (and its been very very long since i worked in retail) i would always give the customer the benefit of the doubt, if the shoes are suitable to be resold then why not refund.

then again i had people try to return shoes with bits of grass stuck in them and claimed they never wore them hahahaa (jesus college was a long time ago i do not miss those jobs!)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,124 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

OP have you ever had the same runners before? Or even the same brand? Did they cut you as well?

I can't wear Adidas runners because they always tend to rub on my right foot and cause blisters but every other brand is fine.

Maybe buy a cheap pair of insoles and see do they help alleviate the problem. It might be a cheap fix and a speedy resolution rather than waiting on the SCC.

Alternatively send a quick email to the Manufacturer and see what their response is. They might just replace them for you as a good will gesture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

Any update ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

sconhome wrote: »
    How did you buy them?

Did you go into a shop, explain what you were doing and ask for a recommendation or did you pick the shoe off the shelf and ask for your size?

Two very different outcomes to these scenarios.

Any shop that makes a recommendation about a pair of shoes and fits you for size and purpose should stand over that recommendation regardless of the argument about faulty shoes or not.

In the second scenario which is true of most general sports stores, you are judged to have done your own research and come to your own decision about the shoe being fit for your purposes. Unless the shoes are demonstrably faulty you are not going to get anywhere.

Unfortunately blistering is not indicative of a fault of the shoe. It can be many different factors, socks, skin condition, shoe structure (not a fault - foot balance), fit - length & width.

If OP took a minute to answer me here I could have helped them with a route that would help resolve this. I work in the industry.

The fact than a major chain is mentioned in a post would indicate the second option is how the shoes were bought.

The only way forward then when they are getting no result from the shop is to go directly to the manufacturer with proof of the footwear being faulty. Why? because blistering is not demonstrable of a fault in the shoe for the reasons I outlined above and in a major chain you are helping yourself rather than being helped so there is an excuse for the shoe not suiting your foot.

Kicking up a fuss on social media with the manufacturer may get a result.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 256 ✭✭Bobthefireman

As the owner of a very odd pair of feet (normal looking - deceptively so), I would advise you to go for Asics in the future.
    My life has changed since I discovered Asics.

Advertisement