Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which BIC should I quote?

Options
  • 27-06-2016 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

The BIC on my paper statements consists of 11 characters. The BIC on my internet account statement consists of the same characters followed by XXX.  As I am expecting a payment from the Irish Tax Office, which version should I quote to them?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Evie

dbressan wrote: »
    The BIC on my paper statements consists of 11 characters. The BIC on my internet account statement consists of the same characters followed by XXX.  As I am expecting a payment from the Irish Tax Office, which version should I quote to them?
    Good Afternoon dbressan, 

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards.ie

The BIC which you should be giving to the Irish Tax Office is the one on your paper statements which for accounts in ROI is BOFIIE2D or for NI/GB is BOFIGB2B 

Some banks have longer BICs and online has those X's to fill the missing digits, apologies for any confusion. 

Thanks, 
    Evie

Advertisement