Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US PAYG sim card???

Options
  • 27-06-2016 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

So I'll be in Vegas/SFO for a couple weeks next month and I'm just wondering if I can walk into any phone shop and grab a cheap PAYG sim to use while I'm there?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

ATT and services running on the ATT network are more compatible with typical Irish phones.
    I just walked into an ATT shop, but some other services might have a better deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

I have a One Plus One so I should be OK compatibility wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭él statutorio

T-mobile tend to have the best packages in my experience.

Either way, AT&T or T-mobile are what you're looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭jme2010

Not really 'pay as you go' more like pay a single month contract as you're not actually gonna top it up.

Best deal I got was 1 month free calls and internet sim for around 40-50 dollars. Then asked me if I would be calling home (Ireland) and added unlimited calls to Ireland for 15 dollars extra.

So in short: 50-60 dollars for a sim that will last you the whole month with calls to Ireland and free data (useful for google maps ;-) )

Just keep your original sim somewhere safe and you pop the new one in and have a US number while youre there. good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Would one of these SIMs be suitable for travelling around the Caribbean on a cruise? I'm gonna be a week in Florida and a week around Mexico, Jamaica and a few other places. Looking for the best option so I don't get lost!! :p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭lil_lisa

The T-mobile has free international coverage in Mexico but that's usually if you want to call US numbers but it also includes data. I use it all the time when I'm home for free:

http://prepaid-phones.t-mobile.com/pay-as-you-go

Advertisement