Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos Repair

Options
  • 27-06-2016 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭

Hey everyone.

I bought a tumble dryer about a year and half ago from Argos.

Last week, it stopped heating up so clothes will no longer dry in it.

I reported the fault with Argos, they told me as it's out of the one year guarantee, I must get an independent manufacturing report and then they'll see what they can do then.

I thought it might be covered under the 2 year EU guarantee legislation.

Are they correct? I will be out of pocket paying an engineer for the report?

Thanks in advance. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

The EU 2 year guarantee isnt in effect here as our sale of goods act gives better protection.

You shouldnt be out of pocket at all for getting an appliance repaired if its faulty after only 18 months. They dont seem to have anyone to diagnose the issue though. So if its a case that you get an independant engineer to conform the fault then argos should cover the cost of that engineer.

Advertisement