Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching/cancel within 14 cooling off

Options
  • 27-06-2016 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭

Hi,
    I recently purchased Eir fibre broadband and moving  to another provider within my 14 days cooling off. I spoke to Elliot in your loyalty team about this and he said I don't have to do anything further to inform you I want to cancel within my cooling off and that he has it all written in the notes logged for the call. 

However I want to double check with you to ensure I'm not charged anything above what I owe for my usage.

Can you confirm that I do not need to do anything further and I won't be charged a early termination charge or anything of the sort?

Do you want me to return your modem? 

Do I have to fill out a cancellation form?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Cooling off starts from when the order is placed rather than when it goes live AFAIK. 

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Luckylow10

Thanks, I confirmed several times with eir that cooling off starts when service is activated. Just wondering are they gonna make me jump through hoops now to cancel. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭eir: Stacey

Luckylow10 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I recently purchased Eir fibre broadband and moving  to another provider within my 14 days cooling off. I spoke to Elliot in your loyalty team about this and he said I don't have to do anything further to inform you I want to cancel within my cooling off and that he has it all written in the notes logged for the call. 

However I want to double check with you to ensure I'm not charged anything above what I owe for my usage.

Can you confirm that I do not need to do anything further and I won't be charged a early termination charge or anything of the sort?

Do you want me to return your modem? 

Do I have to fill out a cancellation form?

Thanks
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi there. Thanks for getting in touch. The cooling off period would begin 14 days from activation. Once you have notified the cancellations team of this you would not need to send further notice. Once your account is ceased a courier will be arranged for collection of the equipment. Stacey[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭eimear1

Thanks, I confirmed several times with eir that cooling off starts when service is activated. Just wondering are they gonna make me jump through hoops now to cancel. 
    Luckylow10, just to share a tip from my (long-running and maddening)experience, be sure to cancel your direct debit details with your bank as well as with Eir. They continued billing me after i switched and its now been over 2 months trying to get over €200 back!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Just beware that Eirc(com) have in the past insisted that the 14 day cooling off period starts as soon as you place the order.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

my3cents wrote: »
    Just beware that Eirc(com) have in the past insisted that the 14 day cooling off period starts as soon as you place the order.
    That was the policy before but when they rebranded as Eir the policy changed to 14 days from activation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

eimear1 wrote: »
    Luckylow10, just to share a tip from my (long-running and maddening)experience, be sure to cancel your direct debit details with your bank as well as with Eir. They continued billing me after i switched and its now been over 2 months trying to get over €200 back!
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]eimear1,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm sorry to hear you have experienced these issues. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Please feel free to PM me if there is anything I can assist you with.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela [/font]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Ah-Watch wrote: »
    my3cents wrote: »
    That was the policy before but when they rebranded as Eir the policy changed to 14 days from activation
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I can understand your concerns [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Luckylow10,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]If you experience any issues please do let me know and I can arrange cancellation within the 14 day cooling off period.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela [/font]

Advertisement