Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cards not working

Options
  • 27-06-2016 2:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭

Just went to buy lunch, both business and personal cards declined, didnt work in the ATM either, left handing back my roll and leaving the shop food-less and looking like a prick. Whats the story ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Same here, on hold to BOI trying to pay for materials for a job.
    ARRGGHHHH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭evlgmaojr27ypu

http://www.thejournal.ie/bank-of-ireland-debit-card-2848887-Jun2016/

Seems like it is down for a large number of people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Just lost a 200€ sale because of this

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

I don't think BOI appreciate how much I wanted that roll.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 gafferkb87

Mine not working either, anyone get an ETA off BOI on this???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

Left red faced paying for a service earlier.  Can't get through on the phone. still have to go back and pay!

On my account the transaction actually shows up as normal then a second transaction showing a refund appears. Is this normal for declined transactions?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

Just back from Lidl and their systems are being picky with which cards are working or not. They are using BOI too. A lot of customers unable to pay. Thank feck I had some small cash on me.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Glad to know I'm not the only one having issues. Thought I had been blacklisted for a moment. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Really encouraging response from Bank of Ireland here. Share price down 30% in a day and people unable to make withdrawals. Might be time for me to start looking for a new bank.

Left red faced paying for a service earlier.  Can't get through on the phone. still have to go back and pay!

On my account the transaction actually shows up as normal then a second transaction showing a refund appears. Is this normal for declined transactions?

Not sure, but its on my a/c as well, 5 p.o.s. attempts and 3 atm attempts, all showing up as debits and credits.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭FalconGirl

Similar to OP left stranded at the petrol station at lunch time. Put €80 into the car and both Business and personal cards not working. Was quite embarrassing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,274 ✭✭✭emo72

Is this type of crap happening too often now?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,418 ✭✭✭Tow

Really encouraging response from Bank of Ireland here. Share price down 30% in a day and people unable to make withdrawals. Might be time for me to start looking for a new bank.
    30% of next to nothing is still next to nothing. 

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users Posts: 82,578 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Cashless society me hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭FionnK86

I've had my card replaced 3 times by BOI in the last year with a faulty scratched chip, strange that it works in most Ulster Bank ATM's but not the atm's of BOI.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

3 hours later and I am still roll-less. I feel like im on some sort of bank imposed hunger strike.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,327 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

FalconGirl wrote: »
    Similar to OP left stranded at the petrol station at lunch time. Put €80 into the car and both Business and personal cards not working. Was quite embarrassing.
    Wow what did you do ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭FalconGirl

Wow what did you do ?

Got my brother to drive out from the next town with some cash. At first the lady on the till was saying the card was declined by the bank insinuating that I had no money on it. While I was waiting it happened a few people and they started taking details as it became evident it was some system issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Evie

Good Afternoon all, 

As you probably already know by now this has since been resolved. We would however like to sincerely apologise for the inconvenience that some debit card customers experienced this afternoon

Thanks for getting in touch with us to let us know

Evie 

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Good Afternoon all, 

As you probably already know by now this has since been resolved. We would however like to sincerely apologise for the inconvenience that some debit card customers experienced this afternoon

Thanks for getting in touch with us to let us know

Evie 

Not good enough evie, that poor lad was dying for his roll

Regards,
    Shane

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

This might not all be resolved. My card was declined at lunch a few times yesterday and my friend just paid the bill with cash. Today not one but two charges showed up on my account, so check your online banking. It looks like some of the 'failed' transactions were going through. I've sent a PM to the reps about mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Easygoin

Happened to us yesterday at Dentists , my wife tried two cards  both rejected , lucky I had  enough cash to cover charge, barely  ,my wife like many people doesn't carry cash. She was in bank this morning and mentioned incident and how embarrassing it was.Bank clerk said they would check accounts
     Our Cards were Charged THREE times  ,   nothing they can do about it , head office were looking into it  ?????????
    Id advise other people to check their accounts..

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Still not resolved BOI. Two failed attempted to process my card on line this morning for my NCT. Rang up them up, and confirmed issues with BOI cards both yesterday and still this morning.

I'd suggest the OP takes spare change today for his roll. Thankfully, according to NCT, they dont debit card untill test day.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Easygoin wrote: »
    Happened to us yesterday at Dentists , my wife tried two cards  both rejected , lucky I had  enough cash to cover charge, barely  ,my wife like many people doesn't carry cash. She was in bank this morning and mentioned incident and how embarrassing it was.Bank clerk said they would check accounts
     Our Cards were Charged THREE times  ,   nothing they can do about it , head office were looking into it  ?????????
    Id advise other people to check their accounts..
    I was attempting to buy a Playstation Plus subscription yesterday. Got charged 5 bloody times yet I've got no receipt (which is the usually the case) from Sony.

Very strange. Got an email from VISA this morning saying that my payments were all declined so not sure what the story is now. 

Zillah wrote: »
    This might not all be resolved.[...] Today not one but two charges showed up on my account, so check your online banking. It looks like some of the 'failed' transactions were going through. I've sent a PM to the reps about mine.

Just checked my account again.
    It shows the declined p.o.s. and atm attempts as debits, further down the page and on the next page all the failed transactions show up as credit adjustment (adj), cancelling them out. Just double check further through your transactions for references with "adj" at the end of them and corresponding amounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Yeah all of mine have now been reversed.

Advertisement