Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE 2K17 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

Did anybody pick up a copy of the NXT version for PS4?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

max life wrote: »
    Did anybody pick up a copy of the NXT version for PS4?

I ordered mine from Game UK months ago and still hasnt arrived yet :/

showpony1 wrote: »
    so whats the universe like? the main thing missing for me on most of these is the old story mode where you
    could pick a superstar and play through. im not into creating people so hate my career etc

Haven't tried Universe but you can clone a copy of an existing Wrestler and use them for My Career

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭showpony1

Haven't tried Universe but you can clone a copy of an existing Wrestler and use them for My Career

dont you come up against yourself then at some stage lol

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Also interested in how Universe mode plays out this year as thats the mode I'd spend the most time in, if anyone has played it can they tell me if they've ironed out one of my pet hates in the game, when two wrestlers in a rivalry fight each other week in week out on Raw.

• Advertisement

looks like its no here comes the pain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Is the game PAINFULLY slow for anyone else? Matches are unplayable for me as everything is in slow motion

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

So what are peoples thoughts on the game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I like it alot so far , played mostly universe mode which is a lot better haven't touched my career mode , the matches themselves are alot more balanced so you can have some real cracking matches

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Is there anyway me and a friend can play through universe mode together? You know apart from being in the same house. Even if just using share play and being able to take control of one wrestler each.

I was thinking of getting this but really would only knock enough out of it if we could go through a universe mode together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Why the hell cant you just pick a wrestler from the roster and play throuigh a season?
    This is my first wwe game since S v R 2006..

Universe seems to be way ott , although the stortylines can be good , the promos are terrible , they should have recorded voices for them instead of text on screen.

Online seems fun so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,103 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

The voices thing is tough as it gets so repetitive and is a massive undertaking to record all the scripts etc.

Whats the cheapest place to get this game these days? Has it dropped below 20euro yet? :D

Anyone want a code for the Goldberg pre order dlc?

will we ever get a fresh wwe game! miss looking forward to Smackdown or the N64 games coming out every year! they had simple engines too.

This game is ****ing ****e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Chain Smoker

Oh wow, I didn't bitch here?

So I got a PS3 recently and WWE 13, first new home console WWE since Here Comes the Pain and, jesus, it's a misery of a game to play. Asides from the engine being old as ****, the whole approach to the gameplay seems to be about making it possible to do every single event that may happen in a match rather than adding up to anything resembling fun. Ludicrously convoluted control scheme. Played as far as the Hell in a Cell match and the challenge was such a tedious misery of a thing that after willing myself to complete it, I turned the game off and never returned.
    The problem is, any attempt to strip it down and build up something that adds up to a fun experience would almost certainly be roundly shat upon (not least the wrestlers, who'd be furious with a flop of an experimental release costing them royalties)

The Sales must surely be dropping on these games, if they could put out a fun pick up and play game (not cartoony like all stars) i think it would do brilliantly - no mercy had the most basic of engines.

prob won't get this and we will hear about how its the biggest roster ever again next year but still same ****e game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Chain Smoker

If someone within WWE was proactive, they'd propose a second team work on an NXT game or some **** built from scratch, if it works well they could work on making the main series more like it. Sales of the main series are almost certainly dropping yearly and they're running out of nostalgia gimmicks.

I haven't played All Stars but I assume that was partially the plan, a playground to foster new ideas, but you need some kind of stable brand to allow further iterations.

• Advertisement

If someone within WWE was proactive, they'd propose a second team work on an NXT game or some **** built from scratch, if it works well they could work on making the main series more like it. Sales of the main series are almost certainly dropping yearly and they're running out of nostalgia gimmicks.

I haven't played All Stars but I assume that was partially the plan, a playground to foster new ideas, but you need some kind of stable brand to allow further iterations.

its just annoying i used to love the games but they've got so far away from when it was enjoyable and looks to no way back! they have the formula from HCTP - fun gameplay, original story mode etc. instead of this playing through attitude era ****e and making you create a character to do a career mode.

the last thing i really enjoyed playing from this era of games was the streak mode vs the undertaker!

Reversal system in 17 is a pain in the hoop.

I actually think 2k17 is great fun against friends. It's not so good playing by yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Sirsok

If they make a gm mode because of the brand split, I might consider picking up 18 if its expansive

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Good god almight.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Fantomas9mm

How hard is it to download wrestlers that others have created and some of those cool custom rings ?

Complete novice here but wouldn't mind getting some of the wrestlers as per below

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5G6PSpJHZhQ

It's not hard at all. You just go to the community creations section on the main menu and then search for whatever you want. The creations in that video are from 2k14 though but you should be able to find fairly decent versions from this year's game.

WWE did include a few WCW rings already and the likes of Goldberg and Sting have their WCW versions in the game.

Worst part about it is you are limited to 20 downloads per 24hr period

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭spektorfive

Total newbie question, I like to get a season pass. I'm just wondering does the price go down ever for a season pass? I gladly wait a couple more months for a discount.

Advertisement