Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NDLS Centre Walk-In

• 27-06-2016 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭

Hi,

I lost my wallet the other day with all my cards and ID in it (including my driver's licence). So obviously I've to get a new one from an NDLS centre but the problem is that there aren't any slots available on a Saturday for 3 weeks! (joke)

If I was there Saturday morning at 9am on the dot, do I have a good chance of getting seen to? Need to sort this out asap so it'd be awful if they were too busy...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

If I were you I'd be waiting at the door/shutter for them to open and ask them as they're opening because getting to speak to them behind the glass might be harder as the appointment folk start arriving.

Seeing as it's between now and Saturday you should ring the branch or send NDLS an e-mail looking for an appointment and say you're going on holidays soon and need the license to rent a car. It's only a white lie and sometime in the near or long future you may be renting a car. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭JamesFitz

Berty wrote: »
    If I were you I'd be waiting at the door/shutter for them to open and ask them as they're opening because getting to speak to them behind the glass might be harder as the appointment folk start arriving.

Seeing as it's between now and Saturday you should ring the branch or send NDLS an e-mail looking for an appointment and say you're going on holidays soon and need the license to rent a car. It's only a white lie and sometime in the near or long future you may be renting a car. :P

I'd say if I just told them that my wallet was stolen alone, they might help me? Or am I putting too much faith in these people?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,238 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

Speaking from recent experience I'd say you're putting way too much faith in them.
    Having said that I hope it works out for you and they can actually help you sort it quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Vologda69

All NDLS centres take more walk-in customers than appointments. In you are there before 10 am you will generally be seen in 30-45 mins in most centres. You simply type your name into the iPad at the door. You get a number and an estimated waiting time. It's the guy who walks in at 4.30pm in the day who is the one who won't be seen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Vologda69

All NDLS centres take more walk-in customers than appointments. In you are there before 10 am you will generally be seen in 30-45 mins in most centres. You simply type your name into the iPad at the door. You get a number and an estimated waiting time. It's the guy who walks in at 4.30pm in the day who is the one who won't be seen. No need for the tales of woe. You will get sorted on the day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,774 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Based on the times I have been there and from chatting to other people, you're better off waiting an hour or two after opening I.e. going in at 10:00 or 10:30. There's often a queue at the shutter and people having appointments booked early.

Advertisement