Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Euro 2016 - Round of 16 - Italy vs Spain, 5 pm, TV3, BBC

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Gbear wrote: »
    Surprised by Spain.

They looked incredibly sharp in the first two games and the first half of Croatia but they've been lethargic since then.

Maybe too old? Too many games? Too much success and not enough hunger?

The introduction of blood testing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

ERG89 wrote: »
    Funny how little he saves the ball & it goes in front of him. Always pushes it out wide. Classy goalie. Far outlived the Kahn's & Casillas who fell apart in their latter years.

The best goalkeeper I've ever seen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭enzo roco

Will Spain announce retirement from international football?

Who are you talking about?
    Id say del Bosque will go though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Canadel

Spain aren't good enough to play like the Spain of yesteryear. Whether it's the players aren't good enough, or that there aren't enough Barca players, I'm not sure. But they should really have been well beaten were it not for DDG.

Fancy Italy to do the Germans now too. Defence is easily the best in the tournament, midfield is rock solid, and hopefully they will start to click up front and start taking more of their chances. 2 goals isn't bad today though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭surripere

glasso wrote: »
    if this game was on RTE 100% there would be a Dunphy mulitple-orgasm commentary at the half-time panel about the Italian defenders.

He wrote them off as old & passed it before their first game, mind you he said the same thing four years ago as well & now he has his dick out for them & is saying they'll win the tournament, lmao! :D. Total bull****ter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,090 ✭✭✭trashcan

surripere wrote: »
    He wrote them off as old & passed it before their first game, mind you he said the same thing four years ago as well & now he has his dick out for them & is saying they'll win the tournament, lmao! :D. Total bull****ter.

Spoofer Bill ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,749 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Mec27 wrote: »
    The era of Spain is over. They reigned for 6 years but it is finished.

They were well and truly finished 2 years ago. Don't people remember their opening match against Holland that they lost 5-1? And those figures were flattering. Could have easily been 8-0 or 9-0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,603 ✭✭✭lassykk

Did he leave Boards?! I was wondering why he wasn't posting during Euro 2016.

Got a temporary ban, threw the rattle out of the pram and demanded it be lifted or he'd never come back. It wasn't lifted as you can imagine!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭764dak

Didn't I always say Spain was overrated?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

764dak wrote: »

Always over rated?

Lawl.

Yeh suppose WC winners and Euro winners back to back. Definitely over rated back then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭764dak

764dak wrote: »

Always over rated?

Lawl.

Yeh suppose WC winners and Euro winners back to back. Definitely over rated back then.
    Referee mistakes helped Spain to a world title as well as the last Euro. Wow, powerful Spain.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Mec27

trashcan wrote: »
    Spoofer Bill ;)

Old Apres match would have had hilarious skits of this, now they do non funny tv3 ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭surripere

Mec27 wrote: »
    Old Apres match would have had hilarious skits of this, now they do non funny tv3 ones.

My favourite is Eamon on the BBC " Aah...banter " ;)

Advertisement