Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA 2016-17 Preseason News.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,355 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Mike Conley contract 5 years $153M.

Lebron James career 13 years $149M.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 344 ✭✭Kobe248

I wont hold Cleveland against Mosgov

He didnt suit there style

I see him playing more akin to Bogut at GSW

Now sure he can pass as well as Bogut mind

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Mike Conley contract 5 years $153M.

Lebron James career 13 years $149M.

It's the market.

Janes next contract is rumoured to be $205m over 5 years. He ain't broke. And he makes more money off court than on. He could play for free and still be one of the highest earning sportsmen such is the value of the off court endorsements.

It's the market.

Janes next contract is rumoured to be $205m over 5 years. He ain't broke. And he makes more money off court than on. He could play for free and still be one of the highest earning sportsmen such is the value of the off court endorsements.

I understand all that - I think it serves to illustrate the significant inflation of player salaries though.

Kobe248 wrote: »
    I wont hold Cleveland against Mosgov

He didnt suit there style

I see him playing more akin to Bogut at GSW

Now sure he can pass as well as Bogut mind

He's a much worse passer than Hibbert statistically speaking.

• Advertisement

Bulls being linked with any moves?

More I think about it the more I love Dwight Howard deal for 3 / 70. Only three years, and worth rolling the dice that he rolls back the clock a little bit. Atlanta have had a similar team for a few years and it isn't good enough. Rolling the dice a bit in that context makes a ton of sense.

http://www.csnchicago.com/chicago-bulls/nba-free-agency-tracker-latest-bulls

rumour mill here for you to get your teeth into. Rondo might make some sense I guess.

Luol Deng to Lakers for 4 / 72. Supplementing the acquisition of washed up 29 year old Mozgov with the average performing 31 year old Luol Deng both on four year deals seems...what the **** are the Lakers doing?

EDIT: apparently fourth year in both cases are Team options. So less stupid I guess. I'd really prefer 2 / 38 or 2 / 44 type deals respectively. Feels like these deals reduce the chances of the Lakers supplementing big FA acquisitions to their young core over the coming couple of years and I'm not seeing Deng / Mozgov producing many wins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Hibbert isn't a bad C. He just lacks the mobility for an ever changing NBA that is getting smaller and more spread around the floor.

I think he has another decent stint in him in a team that isn't a complete joke and utilises him properly.

• Advertisement

Luol Deng to Lakers for 4 / 72. Supplementing the acquisition of washed up 29 year old Mozgov with the average performing 31 year old Luol Deng both on four year deals seems...what the **** are the Lakers doing?

EDIT: apparently fourth year in both cases are Team options. So less stupid I guess. I'd really prefer 2 / 38 or 2 / 44 type deals respectively. Feels like these deals reduce the chances of the Lakers supplementing big FA acquisitions to their young core over the coming couple of years and I'm not seeing Deng / Mozgov producing many wins.

I dont think either move is that bad

I see us going for a trade

Something along the lines of Ingram and Randle for Cousins

I understand all that - I think it serves to illustrate the significant inflation of player salaries though.

Yup, as noted by the increased cap this year and another increase next year. If you think this year is bad, wait until next year.

The Deng move isn't bad. The Lakers need a vet and Deng looked good towards the end of the season.

The Mozgov deal is terrible but big men tend to get overpaid as a rule.

There is zero chance Deng lasts 4 years though.

More I think about it the more I love Dwight Howard deal for 3 / 70. Only three years, and worth rolling the dice that he rolls back the clock a little bit. Atlanta have had a similar team for a few years and it isn't good enough. Rolling the dice a bit in that context makes a ton of sense.

If your baseline is the Mosgov deal then sure, it's value. It's the impact he has on the rest of the team and his attitude that id be worried about.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Same as always, we'll do nothing of real note in free agency. There's not much we can realistically do this year in terms of a big signing I know, but it's so annoying that we haven't made a top acquisition in free agency for over a decade (Wallace in 2006 which ended up being a disaster). Anthony a couple of seasons ago the closest we have come of course.

I dont think either move is that bad

I see us going for a trade

Something along the lines of Ingram and Randle for Cousins

Do you see the Lakers improving much from 17 wins?

Do you see the Lakers improving much from 17 wins?

Yes

Its the start of the free agency

Our team is already better

I see a big trade around christmas

Walton doesnt need to do a lot to be a improvement on the other clown

Im very happy with Deng, the perfect pro

Mosgov will be the anchor we need, overpaid well if he got it 2 years ago yes, but this offseason no, 2 years it will be the average

If Durant leaves, I think the Lakers go after Westbrook with a Russell/Randle package

If Durant leaves, I think the Lakers go after Westbrook with a Russell/Randle package

LOL

I salute your confidence. :p

NufcNavan wrote: »
    LOL
    I salute your confidence. :p

A similar package got Kevin Love

Westbrook to LA would be one of the least shocking trades this season

As I said, wait till Durant decides where hes at

If he goes to GSW/Clippers/Spurs

OKC will trade Westbrook

• Advertisement

Westbrook to Lakers has been on the cards for years. I think the likelihood of that happening at some stage is high, but if Durant leaves it's all but a done deal.

Horford to the Cs. Still think they need another piece or two to be a contender, but that's a great acquisition.

Horford to the Cs. Still think they need another piece or two to be a contender, but that's a great acquisition.

It's good but not great. Was reading a piece in SI yesterday which said they wanted this in place for their KD pitch. Bizarrely, Boston brought Tom Brady to their pitch meeting with Durant......

Ryan Anderson just got $80m off Houston. This in insania.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,980 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Lots of people freaking out over the money but it was to be expected. Maybe not so crazy so soon but in a few years people won't bat a eye lid over these contracts I would think, it will just be the way things are done.
    Some pretty sketchy ones being given though.

In a move reminding us why the clippers will always be the clippers, they gave Austin Rivers $12m a year. Smmfh.

Wish my dad was an NBA coach. Sulks....

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭limerickfc

KD to make an announcement either tonight or tomorrow morning at the latest

Is the 4th year a team or player option w

limerickfc wrote: »

I have a strange feeling he's actually going to move. I didn't think so until last night and this morning. Obviously I have no insight into this, but something in my gut is telling me he's gone.

I have a strange feeling he's actually going to move. I didn't think so until last night and this morning. Obviously I have no insight into this, but something in my gut is telling me he's gone.
    If I was him it would be down to the Celtics and thunder, IT Bradley KD Amir/Crowder Horford. That's a top 3 team out east and they still have the ability to go out and get Jimmy Butler or an Allstar player like him with all the assets they have

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Vienna Big Saliva

If I was him it would be down to the Celtics and thunder, IT Bradley KD Amir/Crowder Horford. That's a top 3 team out east and they still have the ability to go out and get Jimmy Butler or an Allstar player like him with all the assets they have

Id be absoloutly ecstatic but I can't see himLeaving especially after the oladipo trade

Advertisement