Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Several issues with OnePlus

Options
  • 27-06-2016 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I am having several issues with OnePlus relating to a phone I purchased from them in March 2015.

In December 2015 the phone became faulty and I contacted OnePlus One regarding the issues with my phone and since then I have been in continuous contact with them regarding my phone, however, it is now six months later, my phone has developed more faults, it still has not been repaired and despite contacting regarding my phone I have not heard from them since 21/06/2016 and in that email, the last one I received from them, they listed a number of suggestions, none of which were applicable to the issues I have experienced and continue to experience with them.

I’ve had to purchase a new phone as I cannot rely on my OnePlus One, it is unreliable and frankly, dangerous to use.

A list of issues I have experienced with my phone (to date) are as follows:

• I can't charge phone for more than 5-7 minutes at a time otherwise it overheats
    • Applications automatically close and the phone returns to the home screen, even when I don't close the app or go to the home screen myself.
    • Phone runs slow
    • Overheats
    • The screen flickers and sometimes the screen will darken even though the level on the brightness bar doesn’t change.
    • I can't charge phone for more than 5-7 minutes at a time otherwise it overheats
    • Battery level drops dramatically, even when phone is not in use
    • At times my phone will only charge intermittently.
    • It doesn't charge as quickly as it did when I had it first (this issue started in November 2015)
    • Sometimes if I have applications or games open, the phone gets very hot and will turn off by itself.
    • When I try to take a photo, using either the front/back camera (even with the camera app or another app like snapchat, snap speed etc.) if I use the flash, it will stay on, as in, the photo won’t take until I turn off the flash so I can’t use the flash for photos.
    • At times it becomes so hot, it is too hot to touch.

In April of this year OnePlus One tried to arrange a collection for my phone, however the collection company emailed me and wanted to collect the phone within two days, which for me wasn’t suitable, as due to various appointments, I needed to arrange date for it to be collected, I couldn’t sit in and wait around unfortunately.

I did contact OnePlus One Regarding this issue and asked that they arrange a date for it to be collected, I was happy with any date, once it was a set and confirmed date but they couldn’t do that so they advised me several times to contact USPS to arrange collection.

I did contact USPS but they couldn’t do anything for me regarding collection, so I once again contacted OnePlus One and asked that they sort something out, they advised me they couldn’t, so I asked them if they could cancel my first RMA and arrange a second one, so my phone could be collected by USPS, they said they would and they would arrange a second one for me, so far, nothing has happened bar constant emails back and forth, with no end in sight and I still have a faulty, unreliable and dangerous phone.

In May of this year there was a double bereavement within my family, I did email Val from OnePlus One (who I had mostly dealt with regarding my phone) and she did email me back to say that she would place my case as “on hold” so it wouldn’t be tagged as solved due to inactivity. I emailed again on 11/06/2016 to ask what the latest was with my case and I received no reply, so I again emailed on 15/06/2016 to inform them of further issues with my phone and also to ask if they would consider refunding me for it, given the issues I have experienced and continue to experience and the fact that it is dangerous to use.

On the 15/06/2016 in my email to them I informed them that the phone had overheated just sitting in my handbag, not in use, and when I took it out it had a faint smell of plastic from it, and it hadn’t been lying against anything plastic in my handbag. I had to put the phone on a hard surface and it took a good thirty minutes before it had cooled down.

In that same email, I again asked for a refund which they didn't acknowledge.

I sent a follow-up email on 22/06/2016 and received a reply from Ralph with suggestions for problems which were not in any way related to the issues I have informed them of previously.

I did reply to Ralph and I stated that my issues have nothing to do with the OnePlus Three (his email was for suggestions related to the OnePlus Three, which is their newest launch). I received no reply so I sent another follow-up email on 23/06/2016 asking what the latest is with my RMA and requested that someone from OnePlus contact me, I again received no reply, so I yet again sent another email on 25/06/2016 asking for someone to contact me regarding my phone, and so far, I have not received a reply or had any contact from OnePlus.

I contacted the European Consumer Centre who advised me that OnePlus are based in Shenzhen, China so obviously they cannot be of help.

Is there anyone I can contact or anything?

Sorry for the long post.

Thank you in advance for any help, it is greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

If the product was purchased outside of the EU there isn't much chance of legal recourse, any really. It would fall out of the ECC and CCPC's jurisdiction.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭Rackstar

Great phone as long as you don't have any issues.

Support is a disaster. Returns are a joke.

You're taking a gambling buying one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

You need to get the phone into their hands. Its as simple as that.
    Not your fault, but you havent made it the easiest for them to get the phone.

Couriers regardless of company turn up to collect items whenever they feel like it and are generally terrible. Arrange collection of the phone from your place of work, or if you're out of the office all the time get a friend to hold onto it and have it collected from their place of work.

Worst comes to worst then ask them if you can post it to them. Granted you might lose a few quid but you will make progress.

Unfortunately since its not a european company its a bit shakey when it comes to your legal standings.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

You need to get the phone into their hands. Its as simple as that.
    Not your fault, but you havent made it the easiest for them to get the phone.

Couriers regardless of company turn up to collect items whenever they feel like it and are generally terrible. Arrange collection of the phone from your place of work, or if you're out of the office all the time get a friend to hold onto it and have it collected from their place of work.

Worst comes to worst then ask them if you can post it to them. Granted you might lose a few quid but you will make progress.

Unfortunately since its not a european company its a bit shakey when it comes to your legal standings.
    You are right, I haven't made it easy, not by choice, I had medical appointments to attend on the days they wanted me to sit in, I couldn't do that. I couldn't cancel or re-arrange my appointments because I would be waiting months for a new appointment and unfortunately I didn't have that time to wait as I was quite ill.

They have only once attempted to arrange collection and since then its been email after email after email to and fro with them.

I wouldn't touch them with a 50ft barge pole after this. They are utterly horrendous.

I've again emailed asking them to contact me about this. I hope they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭davo2001

They are based in China but sell within the EU so your rights stand, contact them again and arrange for the pickup and see what they say, contact them on chat as seems to be quickest.

They are experiencing delays due to the launch of the OP3 a couple of weeks ago so this might explain the lack of contact in the last week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

davo2001 wrote: »
    They are based in China but sell within the EU so your rights stand, contact them again and arrange for the pickup and see what they say, contact them on chat as seems to be quickest.

They are experiencing delays due to the launch of the OP3 a couple of weeks ago so this might explain the lack of contact in the last week.

Thank you very much for this. Can you tell me where the chat feature is on their website as I can't see it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭davo2001

Thank you very much for this. Can you tell me where the chat feature is on their website as I can't see it?

https://oneplus.net/support

Select the chat option.

Advertisement