Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacing 29er wheelset

Options
  • 27-06-2016 5:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

:confused:
    Hi all,
    Im not well into the bike techno but I know the spooks keep loosening on my Cube Acid. Theirs a lot of weight in the stock wheels and Id like to have a lighter wheelset also. The Cube came with ZX Alexrims so what ever would be a stronger lighter version of them. All advice is welcome so thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭easygoing39

Hope EVO hubs and American Classic rims or Stans Crest rims.Phone or call into Expert Cycles in Rathfarnham.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,763 ✭✭✭C3PO

Hope EVO hubs and American Classic rims or Stans Crest rims.Phone or call into Expert Cycles in Rathfarnham.

I agree - I've had the same set of American Classics on two different 29ers for the last 3-4 years and they're still going strong - couldn't recommend them enough! Expert Cycles in Rathfarnham supplied them!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 gereen50

Thanks for the reply guys.
    Is there much of a weight saving with the American Classic rims, or is the weight from the tires I'm using ??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭nak

gereen50 wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply guys.
    Is there much of a weight saving with the American Classic rims, or is the weight from the tires I'm using ??

Depends how much you want to spend on wheels, Hope hubs are great, but not the cheapest.

I have the Stans Crest rims on my 29er and am very happy with them.

Do you run tubeless currently? One way to save weight.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 gereen50

Im not running tubeless and im not going to on the wheels I have at the moment. I was out this evening on the trails and the spokes came lose again. Im thinking a hard tail just might not suit me. Im 46 years old of medium fitness and weigh 92kgs. I also have a Giant anthem which 26" wheel. The Giant is a great bike for soaking up the bumps on descent but its a pig to cycle uphill or even on the flat. Not sure whether to stick to the 29er and put better wheels under it or sell both bikes and get something up market... :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement