Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

credit rating question

• 27-06-2016 6:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

Last year after a spell abroad i was issued with a letter from my bank, who stated that they were closing my account. this was due to unpaid term loans , or remainder of these...to a total of about 600 euro. when i returned to ireland i cleared the debt immediately and put in much more besides. i rang the legal depart. and they stated that my current account would open again and be 100 per cent operational, which was the case. i was delighted and relieved. he explained that a report woul dbe sent to the irish credit bureau. so that would be a 5 year freeze on credit. I could live with that, i thought.
    since then , been building up good savings with my credit union.
    however, every time i tried to pay a direct debit it said it was returned.
    car insurance was a pain so asked my partner to pay it for me.
    havent tried again after a few refusals for direct debits.
    rang my bank and they had no explantion. they had no idea why. manager suggested something about the central bank but atthat stage iwas just too tired of the DDs bouncing (i had different ones set up multiple times
    ) that just gave up. had plenty of cash in the account btw.
    i always wonderered if this was due to my credit rating? would i be correct?
    although a direct debit is not credit!
    what about standing orders? would i have the same problem with these?
    problem is , i am thinking of moving to a new house to rent.
    will the agency check my credit score?
    will the standing order bounce somehow? is that possible?
    can i possibly do a standing order from my credit union to another bank?
    or should i just bank on ( excuse the pun) the standing order leaving OK.
    so confused about this ...would be delighted if i got some clarification.
    thanks!!!

Advertisement