Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIY Build my own Avontone style speaker

Options
  • 27-06-2016 6:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Having looked at a lot of mono monitoring speakers like the Aurotone C5, Avontones mix cubes, etc. I have discovered it would not be a bad idea to build my own as many people have with good results. I want to build a pair of passive speakers like the Littlepapercones (which are similar to the Aurotones but are now discontinued).

My Questions are...

1. I have the same drivers used for the Littlepapercones but am wondering do I need a crossover or can I just wire the speaker directly to the terminals?

2. Given the relatively small size of such a speaker, does it matter what materials are used for the boxes, eg MDF, chip board? Or can I use a nice hardwood?

I'm a newb to this kind of thing so go easy on me

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment

Hi,

I've deleted your duplicate post on the other Home Entertainment forum, cross-posting this query is going to cause more confusion than help :D

I've never heard of the items you mention in your post, if you haven't visited diyaudio already you might try there too, there's very little diy stuff that hasn't been tried there already.

Cheers,

Ritz

Advertisement