Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Euro 2016 - Round of 16 - England vs Iceland, 8 pm, RTE, ITV

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,716 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

SlickRic wrote: »
    Hodgson walks down the tunnel while his players stand, sit, lie out there dejected in front of the fans.

A coward of the highest order.

I need to thank this multiple times.

Absolute charlatan.

The mouse roared and the three lions were last seen fleeing across the savannah somewhere....

• Dempsey wrote: »
    RTE are overhyping the shock of this.

Iceland are a good side and proved it again tonight. England were pathetic, no ideas and no leaders

Tbf dunphy pointed that out

Great team Iceland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,796 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

SlickRic wrote: »
    Hodgson walks down the tunnel while his players stand, sit, lie out there dejected in front of the fans.

A coward of the highest order.
    People thought we were just having a go at Woy for the sake of it. I know I got a fair bit of abuse for my criticism of him. But we were fcukin' right!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭hadepsx

Icelandic haka

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,309 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

I was hoping England would win. But on the night they just never looked like winning. Well done to Iceland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

That's some Viking **** right there!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Hoo!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭PeterTheEighth

That chant is fantastic. I wonder how days of 24 hours of darkness did it take to write the lyrics of that one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Mr. Farage

England did well to get out of the group.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Love that celebration from the team and fans at the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

That's fcuking class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,501 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

The players clapping along with the supporters is the iconic image of this tournament.

Magnificent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Chills down my spine at the Icelandic haka

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Love that interaction with the crowd

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

"They also burnt the bond holders Darragh"

FFS Dunphy! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Amazing by the team and fans!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Boris Johnson has announced England are still in Europe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Iceland fans best in the world surely?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,404 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Also George Hamilton is the GOAT commentator. Channels moments like this like no other working in football.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

England played poorly, but I can't fault iceland performance Iceland performance either. They played with sheer determination and grit, and were very effective at dispossessing the ball. Some sloppy passing later in the game by both sides but compared with with Ireland lack of energy in the second half in our game against France. Will be interested now to see how they play against France.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Brian017

Serves Shearer and the whole MOTD crew for looking so smug and c*cky when Iceland scored late on against Austria :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

So happy for Iceland. Their team and supporters are amazing.

Glenn Hoddle is worse. Just said Icelandic football is stuck in the 80's. Unbelievable arrogance.
    Looks like 80's football is making a comeback :pac:

Pundits still not pointing out the obvious and that's the fact England's players just aren't that good.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Real lack of quality in the England team especially in midfield, guys like Sterling who just has a bit of pace being a starter is a sign of how poor they are. The warning signs were there in the group games were they struggled to break poor teams down. Picking players on reputation rather than on form.

It was like a guide of how not to put a team together

I would blame the lack of freedom of movement for Englands demise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Finally the whole world see how much of a bumbling fool roy hodgson is and always was

• Why have ITV increased the amount of adds they are showing all of a sudden?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Incredible.

Whats even more amazing is that the better team won the game.The Iceland goalie had barely anything to do .Great performance from Iceland. Delighted for Rio Ferdinand after what he said last night.

If I was English I'd be seriously embarrassed, they've the richest league in the world and the supposed "Best League in The World" and they can't produce anyway near a high quality international team and it undermines everything in the English game consistently having such a consistently mediocre international team.

So many crap performances from Englands players,Rooney,Hart,Kane were awful and Danny Rose and Kyle Walker are just sh1te, Wilshere done nothing as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,036 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Hilarious performance. They played for the last hour like it was the last 5 minutes. Hoofing the ball into a bunch of lads more than happy to face an aerial battle.

They're premier league players against, for the most part, championship or league 1 level guys. Play the ball on the ****ing ground! Outplay them at football.

It's been the same all tournament - the only time they managed that breakthrough was against Wales, when unsurprisingly, they actually used a bit of class and skill.

There's a reason many people mentioned before the game they wouldn't be at all surprised by this exact thing happening, because they just haven't learned, and Hodgson seems to ignore the glaringly obvious. Complete with the classic "finish with 4 strikers on the pitch, and noone to supply intelligent ball".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

Woy found out, no surprise there IMO, a clueless clown.

The Icelandic players playing it cool after the game, no drama

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Canadel

martyos121 wrote: »
    Isn't it great how an England loss can unite all the rival supporters on here? An Ireland win can do it too but it just isn't the same. :)
    I'd rather England were still in the tournament. But I'm delighted for Iceland and they deserved to win. Anti-English rubbish is just rubbish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,367 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

So it's not only the labour shadow cabinet that are eleven people that can't work together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Oops!

Spot on Didi about the Premier league

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Iceland fans best in the world surely?

By a mile.

That Hoo chant is fabulous.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Mec27

Hammann on the money! The EPL is a ****ing bubble, none of those English players would get close to Europe's biggest teams.

This is as good as England are...DEAL WITH IT english league fans.

Incredible.

Whats even more amazing is that the better team won the game.The Iceland goalie had barely anything to do .Great performance from Iceland. Delighted for Rio Ferdinand after what he said last night.

If I was English I'd be seriously embarrassed, they've the richest league in the world and the supposed "Best League in The World" and they can't produce anyway near a high quality international team and it undermines everything in the English game consistently having such a consistently mediocre international team.

So many crap performances from Englands players,Rooney,Hart,Kane were awful and Danny Rose and Kyle Walker are just sh1te, Wilshere done nothing as well.
    What did rio say?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Didi ripping in here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Hopefully that is the end of Hodgson career, absolute fraud, I firmly believe liverpool would of been relegated under him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Brilliant comment by Didi!!!

"Sold a Skoda as a Lambourghini for the last 15 years."

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,309 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

Please say there is a link to Icelandic commentary somewhere ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,330 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

In fairness England provide some savage entertainment every two years. I'd be lost without it.

Didi bang on yet again.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Like the football version of the Haka.
    Badass.

Wales are the last home nation standing

The premiership is a fraud.

Hamann pulling no punches. He's right. Over hyped for years now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I refuse to believe the players are shít.

That game was a case study in what happens when you are not prepared properly as a team.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Username exists

Didi is bang on there, premier league believing there own hype through sky broadcasting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭PeterTheEighth

Brilliant comment by Didi!!!

"Sold a Skoda as a Lambourghini for the last 15 years."

Well he didnt want to unpatriotic and say they had been "Selling a diesel Volkswagen as if it had been passing the proper emissions for the last ten years".

• Advertisement
Advertisement