Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Euro 2016 - Round of 16 - England vs Iceland, 8 pm, RTE, ITV

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

What did rio say?

He basically said England would be playing France in the quarters and dismissed Icelands chances.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Hamann on RTE: "The premier league is a fraud". Dunphy hasn't even started yet :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

England couldn't beat the worse team in the tournament - Russia.

Iceland had looked solid from day 1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

mzungu wrote: »
    Please say there is a link to Icelandic commentary somewhere ?

I think his head literally exploded this time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,404 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

ricero wrote: »
    Finally the whole world see hpw much of a bumbling fool roy hodgson is and always was

England were so badly prepared tonight in terms of basics of who is taking set pieces and just lost all composure as the second half wore on. Looked terribly coached.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

mansize wrote: »
    Wales are the last home nation standing

don't worry, Belgium will complete the Brexit on Friday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 201 ✭✭Level 5 Vegan

Iceland played well but they'll struggle against France without Joe Hart up front.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Early night me hole.

Better get some snack food, there's some watching to do yet this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭RedemptionZ

That chant is ****ing brilliant. Well done Iceland, truly inspiring.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭PeterTheEighth

SlickRic wrote: »
    I refuse to believe the players are shít. That game was a case study in what happens when you are not prepared properly as a team.

Agree. Plus, the pressure on the manager to play particular players, particularly Rooney, instead of playing the players that are on form. Bringing players that have hardly played a game all season. ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,796 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

I refuse to believe the players are shít.

That game was a case study in what happens when you are not prepared properly as a team.
    There are no clear tactics with Woy, no where near an established first 11, no plan for when things go wrong.

It would not surprise me at all if the vile and little man came out and blamed the players here. He did it at Liverpool after all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

I.T.V as sick as a small hospital

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Mr. Farage

rob316 wrote: »
    Hopefully that is the end of Hodgson career, absolute fraud, I firmly believe liverpool would of been relegated under him.

He's rubbish but it's not his fault. They haven't got the technical players or the heart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Dunphy saying Kane is not a player.... After licking his ring before the game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

had to laugh at the end with engerlands "1980s long throw" into icelands box ..summed up their team perfectly,and a sickener for glenn

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭surripere

Premier****e!! GTFO!! Nothing but money & hype, without foreigner players & coaches it would be nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭PeterTheEighth

Ah but that was a good Equador team that they beat. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Wright trying to defend the premier league until he was cut off for talking crap :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Well done to Iceland, an historic win indeed and they really are the story of this tournament.

But I'd have to agree with others here, the magnitude of the shock is definitely being overplayed. Iceland have proven in qualifying and the group that they're a well set up team that aren't easy to out away, and of course England didn't impress much. I said after this draw was confirmed that Iceland would give them fits, and couldn't believe the glee of the BBC pundits at the time that they were meeting Iceland.

I refuse to believe the players are shít.

That game was a case study in what happens when you are not prepared properly as a team.

You are wrong. They aren't good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

And to think those who criticised Rooney starting were being lambasted a couple of weeks ago because he pinged a few long passes around in the first half against Russia.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Mec27

The arrogance of the english

''I would never pay to watch Iceland but they've got great camaraderie.'' Chris Waddle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,242 ✭✭✭✭briany

Didi making a well-trodden point, there. I would like to say, though, that if England are so average, how come they usually manage to walk their qualifying group into the tournament? 30 points, every game won against Switzerland, Slovenia and Estonia. Not that these are the greatest sides, but the kind of sides that England would struggle against when it comes to the tournament itself. So I think there is a huge mental issue here. I agree that their quality has dwindled, but it's not the whole story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Who's watching the highlights on BBC?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Agree. Plus, the pressure on the manager to play particular players, particularly Rooney, instead of playing the players that are on form. Bringing players that have hardly played a game all season. ridiculous.

He played half the spurs team that almost won the league

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Kinda feel sorry for English fans. Every major tournament it gets built up that they are going to do really well and they always end up doing absolutely ****e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,796 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

had to laugh at the end with engerlands "1980s long throw" into icelands box ..summed up their team perfectly,and a sickener for glenn
    I thought that was rather ironic too :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,367 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Hehehe I know you shouldn't take pleasure from someone else's misfortune but you know it's fun for the laugh though.

Thank god for +1

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    The premiership is a fraud.

Hamann pulling no punches. He's right. Over hyped for years now.

And the best players have been foreigners too. Henry, Cantona, Ronaldo Bergkamp, Van Nistlerooy....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,330 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

What time is the beeb on at?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Green Fella

That was a sick fcuking joke from England, I honestly have never seen them that bad. There were nowhere near that bad in the group stage. At one point I thought the game was fixed, the passing was so bad it couldnt be explained?!?!

Wayne Rooney is finished as a player, Ive defended him before but that was utter Sunday League passing. The players should be ashamed of themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭sjb25

Dunphy lambasting the English lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,716 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Mec27 wrote: »
    The arrogance of the english

''I would never pay to watch Iceland but they've got great camaraderie.'' Chris Waddle.

Patronising w*nker.

He played half the spurs team that almost won the league

They didn't almost win it. Didn't even come close. Bottled it. Finished 3rd

And the best players have been foreigners too. Henry, Cantona, Ronaldo Bergkamp, Van Nistlerooy....

Shearer was an absolute animal in his day. Not for England, obviously, cos they were bollocks then too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Green Fella

Kinda feel sorry for English fans. Every major tournament it gets built up that they are going to do really well and they always end up doing absolutely ****e.
    Ive never seen them this bad, its unbelievable stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,367 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

namloc1980 wrote: »
    10:50

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 280 ✭✭onlyme!

namloc1980 wrote: »

No. They are classless

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭sjb25

Just say it again this is GLORIOUS :)

sjb25 wrote: »
    Dunphy lambasting the English lol

"Trying to find a good English team is like trying to find the Loch Ness Monster" .. hahahah

Rooney should retire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

So will Roy Hodgson drop Joe Hart for the next match.

What do ye think?

• Advertisement

Mr. Farage wrote: »
    Rooney should retire.

Don't be surprised if that happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,461 ✭✭✭✭Zeek12

Just wait for the cringeworthy sight of them "getting behind" the Welsh, the pride of Britain!

Mec27 wrote: »
    Hammann on the money! The EPL is a ****ing bubble, none of those English players would get close to Europe's biggest teams.

This is as good as England are...DEAL WITH IT english league fans.

Only going to get worse. More tv money means the top clubs will merely buy talent and not develop it. Theres no incentive for them to do so. Not good for young English players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,330 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    10:50

Got a few beers and popcorn ready!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,221 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Red Kev wrote: »
    So will Roy Hodgson drop Joe Hart for the next match.

What do ye think?

It won't be Hodgsons decision.:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement