Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suit Fitting

Options
  • 27-06-2016 7:03pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know if there's anywhere in Dublin i can get measured for a suit? Without actually having any interest in actually buyong one. I don't mind if i've to pay a bit, and i'd rather not just pretend that i do want to buy one. I'm getting married in the states and just need to send my measurements to the tailor over there.

I could do it myself, but if i get it wrong, i'm kinda screwed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭recipesforme

From what I hear, most tailors will measure but you have to pay them for their time. This could be 20 to 30 euro.
    It takes about 20 minutes for all measurements to be taken and written down so it's understandable they would charge for their time.
    I'm not sure if the big names on Dawson street etc. would be too keen but I'm sure a local tailor would not have an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Any seamstress/alterator will do this for ya but it's easy enough to do anyway. Try this...
    https://www.moderntailor.com/static/mt/men_suit_measureguide.pdf

Though the recommendation (on this instruction sheet) is to take measurements from existing clothes I say that you should use the body measurement method instead as you don't have a fitted suit to measure from.

There are numerous other guides available but this one gives you a good overview on what and why you are measuring the various bits.
    Enjoy the suit. May it be the first of many. :)

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

Advertisement