Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good real-wood furniture in Dublin?

Options
  • 27-06-2016 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭

Hi all,

i am not sure if this is the right forum for this...

I am new to Dublin and like furniture that is made of real wood with style and quality. Where do you shop for this? Used or new alike, where do you find interesting pieces and where are the interesting places to snoop around?

Most furniture places are either packed with good looking (but cheap built) items, or they go along the designer route and are excessively expensive. Is there a middle ground? Where do you guys get used stuff. I do generally not mind doing some DIY on a nice piece of furniture (e.g. sanding, oiling etc.) :)

Many thanks! A.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

The National crafts and Design fair usually has some nice furniture but that's in December. Otherwise , the Letterfrack furniture college hold exhibitions and have some great student work at reasonable prices.There are a good few established furniture makers but they want top dollar:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

There's a couple of vintage shops in Francis St or Capel St, including charity shops. Salvage yards can work, and people sell some good stuff on DoneDeal/Adverts too. I'm not into it that much but my friend had some real finds on a fairly low budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,908 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

Very good value in solid mahogany furniture on done deal , it's out of fashion at the moment and people just seem to want to get rid of it, the price being asked for some pieces wouldn't be 1/2 the value of the material needed to make them .

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭alexago

Any updates here? I want to buy decent wood furniture for my house and I'm looking for good places to check.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 miafricker

There is a large a large choice of furniture in all the department stores these days, but when it comes to real wood, it gets a little tricky. First of all i would try to contact chilton furniture customer service and see if they have some real wood furniture available at the moment. Second - contact some small workshops and see if they can make you the furniture you want.

Post edited by miafricker on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Lots of furniture on Done deal or Adverts ie.

Advertisement