Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancellation on Last Month of Contract

Options
  • 27-06-2016 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭

Hi folks,

I'll be switching providers early next month but want to make sure that I won't be charged when I cancel. 

I've already set it up for a go live date on the last month of the contract with the other provider. I will be paying the last month of the 18 month contract but the line switch may happen before the bill is issued. Bill date will be 4th July and go live date with the new provider is the 5th. Do I have to notify eir? 

The other provider stated that they would sort it out but I'm wondering if this is ok to go ahead with? The direct debit will be cancelled after the final payment to eir.

Is there an email address I can contact to notify the cancellation?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Antamojo wrote: »
    Hi folks,

I'll be switching providers early next month but want to make sure that I won't be charged when I cancel. 

I've already set it up for a go live date on the last month of the contract with the other provider. I will be paying the last month of the 18 month contract but the line switch may happen before the bill is issued. Bill date will be 4th July and go live date with the new provider is the 5th. Do I have to notify eir? 

The other provider stated that they would sort it out but I'm wondering if this is ok to go ahead with? The direct debit will be cancelled after the final payment to eir.

Thanks
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Antamojo,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for getting in touch. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I would recommend speaking with the cancellations team on 1901 prior to cancellation and they will be able to provide you with the relevant information. You can view the terms and conditions relating to account cancellation here https://www.eir.ie/opencms/export/sites/default/.content/pdf/pricing/eir_General_Terms_and_Conditions.pdf[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela [/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭Antamojo

Hi folks,

Thanks
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Antamojo,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I would recommend speaking with the cancellations team on 1901 prior to cancellation and they will be able to provide you with the relevant information. You can view the terms and conditions relating to account cancellation here https://www.eir.ie/opencms/export/sites/default/.content/pdf/pricing/eir_General_Terms_and_Conditions.pdf[/font]

Thanks for the reply Pamela.

Is there another number I can use to ring from a non-landline (non-Eir) number?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Hi folks,

Thanks

Thanks for the reply Pamela.

Is there another number I can use to ring from a non-landline (non-Eir) number?
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]No problem [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Antamojo :D [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Yes you can contact us on 016788888, I would recommend when the automated voice requests your customer details pressing the '#' key.[/font]

Advertisement