Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SigNet 200 RF Jam?

Options
  • 27-06-2016 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭

I have a SigNET200 setup with GSM so it texts me with activations, problems etc.

Recently I saw a few "Controller RF Jamming" reports. The alarm seems to continue to work OK insofar as it can continue to be set and reset etc. remotely via GSM (I can't easily get to it). Should I have got a message saying the jamming event was over or that the controller had reset itself?

Also, I never saw these errors before and have no idea what could have caused them.

Should I be concerned that someone has some sort of "jammer" device and is actively testing and trying to "rattle the doorknobs" or could this just be some random anomaly caused by accidental interference? - Normally I'd presume it was accidental, but with the prevalence of wireless alarms systems nowadays I'm wondering if thieves have gotten a little "smarter" and now use "jammers"? - any of you pros seeing this on domestic installs - or am I being too paranoid?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

Pauley2 wrote: »
    I have a SigNET200 setup with GSM so it texts me with activations, problems etc.

Recently I saw a few "Controller RF Jamming" reports. The alarm seems to continue to work OK insofar as it can continue to be set and reset etc. remotely via GSM (I can't easily get to it). Should I have got a message saying the jamming event was over or that the controller had reset itself?

Also, I never saw these errors before and have no idea what could have caused them.

Should I be concerned that someone has some sort of "jammer" device and is actively testing and trying to "rattle the doorknobs" or could this just be some random anomaly caused by accidental interference? - Normally I'd presume it was accidental, but with the prevalence of wireless alarms systems nowadays I'm wondering if thieves have gotten a little "smarter" and now use "jammers"? - any of you pros seeing this on domestic installs - or am I being too paranoid?

RF jamming is usually something interfering with the RF frequency and the system reporting it. Ive seen a few where the Honeywell heat controllers have caused this as they seem to be flooding the airwaves with a low battery warning.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If you have some Visonic wireless devices there may be a low battery on one of them causing it. Start with the PiRs.

Advertisement