Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New GSD panel status?

Options
  • 27-06-2016 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭

Anyone hear anything about the status of the new GSD 10 zone hybrid panel with separate keypad which was last rumored to be out on Spring?

Cheers..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

Pauley2 wrote: »
    Anyone hear anything about the status of the new GSD 10 zone hybrid panel with separate keypad which was last rumored to be out on Spring?

Cheers..

Ive been told its just in the final stages of testing so they are expecting it out within the next 2 months all going well.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Yes
    Ive been involved with them at all stages and in the development & testing.
    Hoping for it to be ready end of July.
    Some nice features and no crazy app usage charges. I'm limited in what I can say, but I'm excited about it.
    Also some nice stuff coming with CCTV integration.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Pauley2

Thanks all for the updates,

Can't wait for this. I've done my homework as best I can and have been waiting a long time to swap out an ancient key operated hardwired system but there was always something "just around the corner". You guys know better than me that there are similar (and well respected) systems out there, but the ability to use the app without charges and to not be dependent/committed to a 3rd party for notifications swung it for me. Looking forward to working with it...

Cheers!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

It'll be worth it IMO.

Thanks all for the updates,

Can't wait for this. I've done my homework as best I can and have been waiting a long time to swap out an ancient key operated hardwired system but there was always something "just around the corner". You guys know better than me that there are similar (and well respected) systems out there, but the ability to use the app without charges and to not be dependent/committed to a 3rd party for notifications swung it for me. Looking forward to working with it...

Cheers!

You have been waiting a good while so :D
    Id would not be rushing into using the system the day its released.
    As with anything field testing will give us more information of how good the system itself is.

• Advertisement

Field testing has been done.
    I wouldn't be rushing to slate something just for the sake of it either.

I am not slating anything, thats just my opinion.

But yet you are installing their systems.???

We are talking about the new system which has not been released yet.

My opinion would be based on the issues with the i70 when that was released.

You have issues with GSD yet you install their panels?

Amazing how you didn't have these concerns when HKC were having all the early issues with the 1070 and the quantum.

• Advertisement

KoolKid wrote: »
    You have issues with GSD yet you install their panels?

Amazing how you didn't have these concerns when HKC were having all the early issues with the 1070 and the quantum.

The i70 not their panels as you put it.

I dont have any issue with GSD, I never said I did.

Like everyone on here I am allowed an opinion.

Not stopping you having an opinion.
    However I think it is very unfair and very unprofessional for you to come onto a public forum and slate and advise against a brand that you use.
    You have done the same with Visonic and others in past.

I am not slating anything.
    You have your opinion and I have mine.

Whatever you say. It reads different to me.

What does?

You are basically coming on here advising people not to use a brand that you yourself are happy to sell to your customers.
    You have done the same in the past here being critical of Visonic while you are happy to install that for your customers also.
    If that is your opinion that's fine. But it doesn't read good and it's very unprofessional in my opinion.

You are basically coming on here advising people not to use a brand that you yourself are happy to sell to your customers.
    You have done the same in the past here being critical of Visonic while you are happy to install that for your customers also.
    If that is your opinion that's fine. But it doesn't read good and it's very unprofessional in my opinion.

Can you please retract that statement.

I have not advised the op not to use this system as you are suggesting.
    altor wrote: »
    You have been waiting a good while so :D
    Id would not be rushing into using the system the day its released.
    As with anything field testing will give us more information of how good the system itself is.

There has been plenty of testing done. As I'm sure you well know being a GSD user. I think it's your comments that should be retracted.
    You know quit well the quality of GSD products and obviously that quality is good enough for you to recommend and sell to you customers.
    As I said you have done the same in the past finding faults with other manufacturers and yet you install those also.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Pauley2

..OOps! - Looks like I inadvertently started a firestorm!

It's true to say that I've been waiting a (long) while for this (!) and am chomping at the bit to get my hands on it as it would seem to meet my needs almost perfectly - but, as I also have a background in electronics and computers I'm well aware of "version 1.0" of anything can be a bit of a gamble and needs to be approached with caution. OTH I do see that their other panel has been around for a while and am encouraged that they seem to be putting a good effort into trialing out the new one.

I'm sure there'll be plenty more discussion here when it is finally released - I'll be keeping an eye out.

Otherwise, only time will tell!

...and thanks both for your help here. Between the two of you you both contribute excellent info and insights to all things "alarms" here.. Even with the disagreements, it's informative to see things from different perspectives.

Cheers!

I would agree version 1.0 of anything is not great. But this is an upgrade to existing software and hardware so it's unfair comments by altor IMO. Especially as he's already selling and installing earlier versions of software and hardware from this manufacturer to his customers.
    I am heavily involved with GSD at all levels including testing and R and D. Every manufacturer is constantly releasing new software and hardware. Actually I remember HKCs release of version 3.0. Altor was more than happy install that from release. In fact if you look back over this forum he recommended the upgrade.
    I personally test all software and hardware prior to installing for customers.I have extensively tested GSD i70 and their newer software and hardware. I have no problem recommending this brand.

• Advertisement

There has been plenty of testing done. As I'm sure you well know being a GSD user. I think it's your comments that should be retracted.
    You know quit well the quality of GSD products and obviously that quality is good enough for you to recommend and sell to you customers.
    As I said you have done the same in the past finding faults with other manufacturers and yet you install those also.

I have already stated I am not slating the new panel.
    Im just advising for the OP to hold off till its out and we see if there is any issues with the system.
    Its more so when its fully released that issues will arise.
    We have all seen it with new systems that have been released.
    I would agree version 1.0 of anything is not great. But this is an upgrade to existing software and hardware so it's unfair comments by altor IMO. Especially as he's already selling and installing earlier versions of software and hardware from this manufacturer to his customers.
    I am heavily involved with GSD at all levels including testing and R and D. Every manufacturer is constantly releasing new software and hardware. Actually I remember HKCs release of version 3.0. Altor was more than happy install that from release. In fact if you look back over this forum he recommended the upgrade.
    I personally test all software and hardware prior to installing for customers.I have extensively tested GSD i70 and their newer software and hardware. I have no problem recommending this brand.

Its funny as you say here you fully test software and hardware prior to installing for customers but have freely given out beta versions on the SPC software on here. Another installer on here even advised end users not to be doing the upgrades for the sake of it as its buggie.

Back to your Visonic remarks also, I have not installed a Visonic system since 2011/12. The systems itself plus radio range was second to none. The lack of pulse detection on the wire free inertia sensors themselves was a let down but newer systems have all that covered, even the new two way system they have does not have this feature. Newer two way systems on the market are more Superior to these older systems.

Have you used the Visonic range yourself?
    What was your view on the system if you have, do you still install it?

Back to GSD I70.
    Ive installed 2 since its been released. The last one was over a year ago.
    Ive used them to use the Astec sensors as its cheaper than replacing the whole system.

From reports of when the I70 was released a lot of people had faults, thats why I would advise anyone to hold of using the system straight away.

Im not stating there is any issues with the new system but just advising people hold off till its tested. Ill be getting one of the panels myself when its released, Ive my order in already to get a panel when it is released. I will be bench testing the system myself before recommending it.

Its a new system they are bringing out.
    New board, new keypad.
    Regardless of the software version they put on it.

..OOps! - Looks like I inadvertently started a firestorm!

It's true to say that I've been waiting a (long) while for this (!) and am chomping at the bit to get my hands on it as it would seem to meet my needs almost perfectly - but, as I also have a background in electronics and computers I'm well aware of "version 1.0" of anything can be a bit of a gamble and needs to be approached with caution. OTH I do see that their other panel has been around for a while and am encouraged that they seem to be putting a good effort into trialing out the new one.

I'm sure there'll be plenty more discussion here when it is finally released - I'll be keeping an eye out.

Otherwise, only time will tell!

...and thanks both for your help here. Between the two of you you both contribute excellent info and insights to all things "alarms" here.. Even with the disagreements, it's informative to see things from different perspectives.

Cheers!

Im glad you see where I was coming from OP :)
    A lot of systems have been released with end users getting to test out the systems for the manufactures.
    It was the same with the I70.

If people want beta versions to install themselves that's their business. I test any updates myself and only use full releases for customers.
    You had no problems offering HKC upgrades yourself as soon as it was released.
    Anyway same old same old here. One rule for one and one rule for others.
    All panels have issues at some time or another.
    The GSD panel has been well tested in live scenarios. From dealing with GSD I know a hell of a lot of installers are dying to get their hands on it. They are obviously happy with it also.

Ive read the thread, you never told them it was a beta version.

Can you explain what the issue was with the release of version 3 plus why I recommended the upgrade of the software.
    A link to my post will if you have it.

So now you agree. All panels have issues at some time or another.
    All the better to wait till it been out and tested, I know plenty of installers who have been stung with system releases.

Since you have stated ive been critical of Visonic while am happy to install can you answered this:
    Have you used the Visonic range yourself?
    What was your view on the system if you have, do you still install it?

I can honestly tell you I know a hell of a lot of installers who will never use the GSD alarm systems again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

I've learnt a very hard lesson from installing a new panel before that was nothing short of a nightmare.

I would strongly recommended that any new system is given time for the bugs to be sorted out.

I'm not digging through a hundred and one issues you want to dig up.
    If everyone had these issues and concerns we would all still be using keyswitch systems.
    At the end of the day it's this. You come on advising against something new, but if HKC bring out something new you will promote it from the hill tops.
    Do you not find it embarrassing that you then go in and have to deal with the manufacturers that you are advising against?

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

Cannot wait to bench test the GSD systems. Will keep you posted with any issues on here.

In fairness visonic wasn't the best. Someone had a thread about jamming only recently.

HKC is good but they don't tend to ask installers what features they want. Still lacks a lot of features

I'm assuming GSD are going to allow the new panel to connect with all the new home automation gear ? Eg Nest and Philips hue ?
    Will the app be compatible with IFTT ?

There are some things I can't say here about GSD due to an NDA between myself and GSD.
    I'd say you will like what's coming. It's all about integration. That's the way forward I reckon p, rather than blocking equipment being connected to the panel.
    I know people who will never use GSD. That's OK.
    I also know people who will never use HKC.
    I know people who will never use Visonic.
    I know people who will never use Risco.
    I know people who will never use UTC.
    I know people who will never use Honeywell.
    I know people who will never use Inner range.
    Everyone has their own reasons not to. That doesn't mean there is a problem with them.
    Likewise it doesn't mean one person's problems are everybody's.

I'm not digging through a hundred and one issues you want to dig up.
    If everyone had these issues and concerns we would all still be using keyswitch systems.
    At the end of the day it's this. You come on advising against something new, but if HKC bring out something new you will promote it from the hill tops.
    Do you not find it embarrassing that you then go in and have to deal with the manufacturers that you are advising against?

I want to dig up :D
    Will you look back over you posts in this thread.
    It is you who brought up about Visonic and HKC.
    You are still doing it.

The reason I asked you about Visonic is you have plenty of old posts where you are being critical of Visonic while you are happy to install it for your customers also.

Pot kettle black comes to mind.

I am advising end users to hold off till the system is out and tested in peoples homes.
    Why would I be embarrassed? If I have an issue with a product I will say it.
    I have nothing to be embarrassed about with my dealing with any manufacturer.

I will be getting a system and testing it myself when it is released.

If I do find any issues do you think I should just keep them to myself or do you think the manufacturer would not like to know about them so they can apply a fix:confused:

• Advertisement

Evolution1 wrote: »
    Cannot wait to bench test the GSD systems. Will keep you posted with any issues on here.

In fairness visonic wasn't the best. Someone had a thread about jamming only recently.

HKC is good but they don't tend to ask installers what features they want. Still lacks a lot of features

I'm assuming GSD are going to allow the new panel to connect with all the new home automation gear ? Eg Nest and Philips hue ?
    Will the app be compatible with IFTT ?

I cant either, been on to them looking for a panel but have to wait like everyone else to get my hands on one.

It will be interesting to see what can be connected in terms of automation.
    Few more weeks all will be revealed :D

Advertisement