Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New GSD panel status?

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

altor wrote: »
    I want to dig up :D
    Will you look back over you posts in this thread.
    It is you who brought up about Visonic and HKC.
    You are still doing it.

The reason I asked you about Visonic is you have plenty of old posts where you are being critical of Visonic while you are happy to install it for your customers also.

Pot kettle black comes to mind.

Thats the problem . You always want to dig up and dissect posts from god knows how long ago.
    Your saying pot kettle black comes to mind for me also when you were slagging off Siemens here while telling me in person its the best panel on the market.:confused::confused:

I am advising end users to hold off till the system is out and tested in peoples homes.

So if everyone was to follow your logic how would anything get tested in peoples homes.?:confused::confused:
    I prefer to be the one doing the testing as well as the manufacturers.
    Why would I be embarrassed? If I have an issue with a product I will say it.
    I have nothing to be embarrassed about with my dealing with any manufacturer.
    Because like the Siemens example & others you say one thing on here & different things to people & companies in person. Remember this is a public forum. There are lots more people and companies who read here from the comments I hear from some.

If I do find any issues do you think I should just keep them to myself or do you think the manufacturer would not like to know about them so they can apply a fix:confused:

Obviously they would like to know any issues.Why the confused emoji?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

The problem is you disagreed with my opinion then tried to rubbish my views saying I said this and that about another system but still installed it for customers.

Pot kettle black just explained that you have been critical of the same system in the past and the company you work for have installed it for customers.

Now you want to drag Siemens into the thread, keep digging.

Get over it and move on.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

LOL
    Moving along....:pac::pac::pac::pac:

This might be apt for ya!.

• Advertisement

KoolKid wrote: »
    This might be apt for ya!.

Love it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Pauley2

...At the risk of re-igniting WWIII (!)

Any News on this (new hybrid panel)?. I'm about to give up and look for something else. I've been keeping an eye on the GSD website but there's very little in the way of updates on it save for some new position announcements. The last success story they have posted there is from 2012 - not encouraging...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

You mean the i1070? Sounds like another popular panel I know of. Suppose imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

The panel is available through licenced installers.
    The name follows on from the previous models in their range.
    i2-70 2 wired zones 70 wireless
    i7-70 7 wired zones 70 wireless
    i1070 10 wired zones 70 wireless.
    Astec and many others use the same form of model numbers. No big deal

• Advertisement

So it's released already... Since when?
    Was this some sort of "soft" release to just those in the know? - I'm wondering why they wouldn't have publicised this on their website or provided ANY info on it there..
    Anyone know where I can get more info on it - and, where a non licenced self installer like myself can get one assuming they're going to try limit distribution?

Frustrating...

Its a soft release at the moment. If you want to call GSD & tell them I sent you they may give you more information.
    Not sure where you can get one as a non licenced installer. Unlike some manufacturers, GSD only supply to licenced installers.

Tx, I'm not in any particular hurry, so I'll wait a bit more for the "hard" release and hopefully some more info on their website, but if it doesn't happen soon I may try drop your name!

Meanwhile, can it be confirmed that it has a separate keypad - and if so whether it's wired or not?

Yes seperate wired keypad. You can add these to the i70 also. They also have more basic wired arming stations which are similar to the access control keypads.
    If you need any more information on them give me a shout.

Advertisement