Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Compensatory Sunday pay

Options
  • 27-06-2016 10:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Hi, I have a case coming up with the rights comissioner regarding Sunday pay rates. I remember reading somewhere that paid breaks cannot be used as a type of compensation for Sunday work (particularly in food service where you are often called off breaks during rushes). I was wondering if anybody has any information about where I could find the specifics of this act (I can no longer find it). I've spoken to citizens info but unfortunately they don't really seem to know their stuff as well as I'd hoped they would! Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

Are you talking about the Organisation of Working Time Act?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭livedadream

nichleih wrote: »
    I remember reading somewhere that paid breaks cannot be used as a type of compensation for Sunday work (particularly in food service where you are often called off breaks during rushes).

there is nothing specific to breaks for food service.
    nichleih wrote: »
    I was wondering if anybody has any information about where I could find the specifics of this act (I can no longer find it). I've spoken to citizens info but unfortunately they don't really seem to know their stuff as well as I'd hoped they would! Thanks!

who is supporting you in your claim? they should be able to assist,
    can you confirm how you were able to make the claim without that detail?

Advertisement