Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do I have a phone line?

Options
  • 27-06-2016 11:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭

Hi there, I own a house that I am currently renting out but I will be moving back to it to move in permanently in early September. This house was bought 9 years ago as an investment and I don't know if there is a phone line in it. My tenants don't know either as they've been using broadband via satellite. I will need a landline for broadband but how do I find out if there is one in the house or not? If I need to have a landline installed, I'd probably want to start organising that now ...? Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Golfwidow wrote: »
    Hi there, I own a house that I am currently renting out but I will be moving back to it to move in permanently in early September. This house was bought 9 years ago as an investment and I don't know if there is a phone line in it. My tenants don't know either as they've been using broadband via satellite. I will need a landline for broadband but how do I find out if there is one in the house or not? If I need to have a landline installed, I'd probably want to start organising that now ...? Thanks
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Golfwidow,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for getting in touch. :)[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Is there a master socket in the house that you can plug a phone into? If so, can you plug a phone into the socket and dial 199000. If there is a line present an automated voice will call you back the number allocated to the line and our sales team will be able to reactivate this for you.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]If there is no socket present a new installation would be required. Our sales team will be more than happy to help you with this. You can contact them on 1800503303, or you can also chat to them online here https://www.eir.ie/chatnow/[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela [/font]

Advertisement