Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iphone 6 not charging but plugged in

Options
  • 28-06-2016 5:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭

Hi noticed today that my battery was actually decreasing whilst on charge , i have tried 2-3 wires and plugs no luck?

Edit : The lightening singal does show when its being plugged into be charged .

Starting to think i may need a new battery are they expensive to replace ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Are all the wires and plugs Apple ones? That'd be my first port of call.

Might be no harm to do a clean install of the os before replacing the battery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Fleawuss

Try this: turn off the phone. Straighten a paper clip and clean out the socket on the phone where you plug the connector in. Gently clean out the charging socket on the phone. Then turn it on and plug it in for charging. I was having a problem charging and turned out the socket on the phone was getting clogged. Yes I am a filthy animal etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

Id be more inclined to use a toothpick, not sure but is there any chance of causing s short and don't no damage using something metal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

This is the third thread in the last few weeks about the iPhone 6 battery charge. I'm beginning to think Apple built in a self-destruct mechanism.

Advertisement