Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving home with other provider in situ

Options
  • 28-06-2016 7:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,
    Quick question I hope. 
    I am currently with Eir and moving home. The new house has the same service available however currently a Vodafone VDSL service active on it.  Im expected to move in this Friday and would like to get my service moved over and active as soon as I can. Can you forceably cancel the service (Vodafone) thats on the line to get this process started. The old occupant of the house did cancel the Voda service however he isnt sure when that is expected to terminate.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

/Ratte 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Hi guys,
    Quick question I hope. 
    I am currently with Eir and moving home. The new house has the same service available however currently a Vodafone VDSL service active on it.  Im expected to move in this Friday and would like to get my service moved over and active as soon as I can. Can you forceably cancel the service (Vodafone) thats on the line to get this process started. The old occupant of the house did cancel the Voda service however he isnt sure when that is expected to terminate.

/Ratte 
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Rattlehead_ie,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for getting in touch.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]If you send a copy of your tenancy agreement/proof of ownership to proofofaddress@eir.ie they will arrange cancellation for you. You should also include your details along with this. Once we have received this information we will request cancellation of the service with the other service provider. This should be completed within 5-10 working days. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela [/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

Hi guys,
    Quick question I hope. 

/Ratte 
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Rattlehead_ie,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]If you send a copy of your tenancy agreement/proof of ownership to proofofaddress@eir.ie they will arrange cancellation for you. You should also include your details along with this. Once we have received this information we will request cancellation of the service with the other service provider. This should be completely within 5-10 working days. [/font]

Hi Pamela,
    Thank you for that and your quick response. Post the 5 - 10 days is this till I am scheduled for an engineer or when the service becomes active from Eirs perspective?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Hi guys,
    Quick question I hope. 

/Ratte 
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]If you send a copy of your tenancy agreement/proof of ownership to proofofaddress@eir.ie they will arrange cancellation for you. You should also include your details along with this. Once we have received this information we will request cancellation of the service with the other service provider. This should be completely within 5-10 working days. [/font]

Hi Pamela,
    Thank you for that and your quick response. Post the 5 - 10 days is this till I am scheduled for an engineer or when the service becomes active from Eirs perspective?
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]No, once the service has been cancelled with the other provider you would then need to place an order to request service in your name [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Rattlehead_ie.[/font]

Advertisement