Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Letter of Decline

Options
  • 28-06-2016 9:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Good morning,

My boyfriend and me applied for a Mortgage at the beginning of May. It took about 4 weeks for a decline. We were not given a particular reason and each time we were ringing we were being given different reasons and told to ring back the next day for confirmation. Is this normal? We still have not received answer.

We have asked for a letter of decline but again we keep getting told to call back and last week the person we were dealing with went on holidays without letting us know. He had told us to call back and when we did we got an automated message that  he is not back until mid July and we need letter to move on and proceed with another application.

This has been going on two months now, please help!

Thank you

Molly

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Evie

Molly b wrote: »
    Good morning,

My boyfriend and me applied for a Mortgage at the beginning of May. It took about 4 weeks for a decline. We were not given a particular reason and each time we were ringing we were being given different reasons and told to ring back the next day for confirmation. Is this normal? We still have not received answer.

We have asked for a letter of decline but again we keep getting told to call back and last week the person we were dealing with went on holidays without letting us know. He had told us to call back and when we did we got an automated message that  he is not back until mid July and we need letter to move on and proceed with another application.

This has been going on two months now, please help!

Thank you

Molly
    Good Afternoon Molly,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie I am sorry to hear about this experience you have had. We would like to be able to get someone in touch with you regarding this. Could you possibly send on your Name, the branch you opened this mortgage with and your contact number in a PM and will will arrange to have someone call you. 

If you can recall the name of who you were dealing with can you PM that also, and we will follow up with whomever is taking over their role while they are away. 

Apologies again about this, please click on the link below my name to send a Private Message. 

Evie 

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Molly b

Thank you very much Evie appreciate your help I am trying to PM but I cant seem to this message keeps coming up Bank of Ireland: Evie has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.<br /> <br /> If you are trying to send this message to multiple recipients, remove Bank of Ireland: Evie from the recipient list and send the message again.

Thank you very much Evie appreciate your help I am trying to PM but I cant seem to this message keeps coming up Bank of Ireland: Evie has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.<br /> <br /> If you are trying to send this message to multiple recipients, remove Bank of Ireland: Evie from the recipient list and send the message again.
    Good Morning Molly b, 

I've just sent you a PM there which you can reply to, apologies you haven't been able to PM me. 

Thanks, 
    Evie 

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Molly b

Thank you so much Evie :)

Thank you so much Evie :)
    You're very welcome Molly b, also it might be worth checking your settings to ensure that problem doesn't happen again should you need to message us. Can you please click on your own name at the top of the page. Then Control Panel, then Edit Options and then Thread Display. On this page there should be three boxes;

-Show Signatures 
    -Show Avatars
    -Show Images (including attached images and images in code)  The Show Signatures box should be ticked, this may have been the reason you were unable to send me a message earlier.   I hope this helps,   Evie 

• Advertisement
Advertisement