Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killiney Swimming Distances

Options
  • 28-06-2016 10:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭

Does anybody know the distance between buoys in Killiney beach?

My Garmin said distance from beach to first buoy was circa 250m but that can't be right..i would have thought maybe 100m.

Any info appreciated, there were a good few pulse members out last night! Water still not that warm..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭joey100

I don't swim in seapoint so I've no idea how accurate these distances are but I've seen this once or twice now,

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057018500

If you scroll down you will see a photo with distances drawn over it.

Just realised you said Killiney and not Seapoint. Sorry, that map is not much use really so!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

All 3 buoys is roughly 1500m. ~500m out and back to first buoy is about right.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭shansey

All 3 buoys is roughly 1500m. ~500m out and back to first buoy is about right.

That's interesting I didn't think the first buoy was that far. Thought the Garmin usually clocks it around 240m alright. Thanks for that.

Advertisement