Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Account cancelled - haven't received final bill?

Options
  • 28-06-2016 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭

Hi,
    I am in a house share, and I was the Eir account owner. My housemate is starting an account with SKy, and we were told Sky would notify Eir that we have cancelled the account with Eir. however I haven't received a final bill from Eir.
    Can you confirm that the account is actually being cancelled, and confirm when the final bill will be issued?

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Sin1981 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I am in a house share, and I was the Eir account owner. My housemate is starting an account with SKy, and we were told Sky would notify Eir that we have cancelled the account with Eir. however I haven't received a final bill from Eir.
    Can you confirm that the account is actually being cancelled, and confirm when the final bill will be issued?

thanks
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Sin1981,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for getting in touch, I would recommend prior to cancellation speaking with the cancellations team on 1901.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I can take a look into this for you however I can only advise if the account cancellation has completed. I would be unable to advise when the cancellation will happen as the cancellation will only complete when Sky is providing the service.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela [/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Sin1981

Hi again,

the account in my previous house share has been cancelled.  I got an email today saying the[font=Verdana, Arial] [/font][font=Verdana, Arial]July bill amount is € 161.97.  This seems very high, i cannot log into the online account to see the pdf of the bill, as it says my account has been cancelled.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, Arial]I also cannot retrieve the paper bill from my old house.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, Arial]Would it be possible to get a pdf of the bill emailed to me?[/font]
    [font=Verdana, Arial]account # is 21240019.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, Arial]thanks.[/font]

Hi again,

the account in my previous house share has been cancelled.  I got an email today saying the[font=Verdana, Arial] [/font][font=Verdana, Arial]July bill amount is € 161.97.  This seems very high, i cannot log into the online account to see the pdf of the bill, as it says my account has been cancelled.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, Arial]I also cannot retrieve the paper bill from my old house.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, Arial]Would it be possible to get a pdf of the bill emailed to me?[/font]
    [font=Verdana, Arial]account # is 21240019.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, Arial]thanks.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]No problem [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Sin1981 [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]I can arrange this. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Can you PM me your account number and e-mail address?[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I would also recommend removing your account number from public view for security reasons.[/font]

hi again,

On this there are two line items as follows.

ECC for eir Talk Off-Peak 06-Jul-16 Eur 50.47
    ECC for eir Fibre 01-Jul-16 Eur 70.20

Can you please explain what these are?  I cancelled the contract at the start of July so don't know why the final bill is so large.

thanks.

hi again,

On this there are two line items as follows.

ECC for eir Talk Off-Peak 06-Jul-16 Eur 50.47
    ECC for eir Fibre 01-Jul-16 Eur 70.20

Can you please explain what these are?  I cancelled the contract at the start of July so don't know why the final bill is so large.

thanks.
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Sin1981,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I have sent you a PM. [/font]

• Advertisement

hi Pamela,

thanks for your PM in relation to the above.

You mentioned that these additional charges were for the following:

You would receive an ECC charge if you cancel your account while still in contract I'm afraid. ECC for eir Talk Off-Peak would relate to the landline bundle and ECC for eir Fibre would relate to the efire service.

However, I was not "In contract" so these charges should not apply.  I raised the issue some time ago whereby Eir reset my account to start a new contract (when I upgraded to fibre. At the time Eir told me no new account would be created).  I will resurrect the thread I used to address this, so you can see for yourself the response from Alan (Eir rep).

Could you please take a look, and request that the bill is updated to remove these charges. I cannot pay the final bill until the bill is accurate. 

thanks!

Hi again,

as above there are chargers that seem to relate to  break in on contract.  I was not in contract, as you will see that this contract started on Jan 2014.   I had an issue in April 2015 when I upgraded to Fibre. Eir automatically restarted my contract, even though they said they wouldn't.  I contacted Eir at the time, and they told me a note was on the contract detailing this mistake.

There, as of July 2016 when I cancelled the contract with Eir, I was not UNDER CONTRACT.  Can you look into this please?

thanks.

Hi again,
    can I please get this sorted out?

If I don't receive an updated bill, I will file a complaint with Comreg.

regards,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭eir: Ciara

Hi again,
    can I please get this sorted out?

If I don't receive an updated bill, I will file a complaint with Comreg.

regards,
    Hi Sin1981,

I can see Pamela has responded to your PM. 

-Ciara

Hi,
    Pamela responded to my original PM, however I haven't received any feedback on subsequent messages. This issue hasn't not been cleared up.

• Advertisement

Hi,
    i'm still waiting on a response on this.  See previous messages above. the information in the PM did not resolve this.
    I am being overcharged.  I was not in contract at the time of cancellation.

i'm still waiting on a response on this. 

Advertisement