Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Night clubs for 35+

Options
  • 28-06-2016 12:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hi,
    Just wondering is there anywhere in the city good for dancing for a slightly (!) older age group? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Exclusively for that age bracket I don't think so. Upstairs in The Quays would probably be your best bet but you'd have to be dancing to the Conquerers/Tequila Sunrise/Mike English etc.

I think some more local rock bands also might play here but it's been a while since I was in Galway and longer again since I was upstairs in the Quays.

Head to Sally's for a bit of moshing.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Yeah Quay's is a good suggestion.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,952 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Depending on exactly how far above 35 you are ... Galway Bay Hotel :-)

Sunday nights are general: https://www.facebook.com/Corrib-Social-Dancing-Club-Salthill-Galway-862249267147517/

Thursday nights are the Widowed Persons Society.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Halo Nightclub, or somewhere like the Roisin Dubh, Massimo's, the Quay's or Munroe's Live. 35 really isn't that old!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Upstairs or downstairs the Quays, Defo The Roisin, especially if ye are slightly hippyish! Massimos and Monroe's seconded also. In all of those places ye will be by no means the oldest. Front Door is also yer age group (very mixed)

Avoid Carbon, Karma, Electric and everywhere else is fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,340 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Massimos gets a slightly older crowd. See people in their from early 20's into their 40's or older.

Advertisement