Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strictly Come Dancing 2016

Options

Comments

pinkypinky wrote: »
    What a shock! He had a real chance of winning. And hard on Karen too. Hope he's ok.

Kelly Brook left because her father died unexpectedly.

According to Daily Mail, it was because he feared he wouldn't win that he walked! Though, they seem surprised that his pay was cut!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3835325/Will-Young-s-Strictly-pay-cheque-SLASHED-25K-just-5K-BBC-bosses-rage-quit-email-fears-lose.html

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Boo, bad sportsmanship if true. No Whitmore on it takes two yet this week.

Boo, bad sportsmanship if true. No Whitmore on it takes two yet this week.

She was on it possibly Tuesday night?

Anton and Lesley are rehearsing in Malta or somewhere else exotic as she's filming Birds of a Feather. Would love to know her secret!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

NEVER, EVER TRUST THE DAILY MAIL.

And never, ever forget that the Daily Mail hates the BBC.

:o:o:o:o:o:o:o;)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Even by trashy tabloid standards, that DM article is spectacularly bad - talk about muck-raking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Possibly unpopular.. I'm glad will has gone. I thought he was a moaner, and no body argues with len. I also thought he was over marked.
    If he did leave because of the reasons stated then good riddance

She was on it possibly Tuesday night?

Anton and Lesley are rehearsing in Malta or somewhere else exotic as she's filming Birds of a Feather. Would love to know her secret!

I don't think so, but its possible I'm remembering wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

Snoopy1 wrote: »
    Possibly unpopular.. I'm glad will has gone. I thought he was a moaner, and no body argues with len. I also thought he was over marked.
    If he did leave because of the reasons stated then good riddance
    Me too, I don’t buy the nice guy act, I bet he’s a real diva. There have been rumours about him being difficult to work with for years. I don’t think Len was that harsh with him, Len is getting a hard time over saying ‘turn up and shut up’ but it was clearly meant as a turn of phrase and in a jokey way. He shouldn’t have argued with Len in the first place, he was right, it didn’t look like a salsa, I wouldn’t have had a clue what it was only for them saying it in advance. I also agree that he was one of the celebs that has been over marked. I didn’t particularly rate him.

That all said, I think he has suffered from anxiety and depression in the past, and if that is the case, a high pressure show like Strictly probably isn’t the place to be. I hope it doesn’t cause a relapse for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭tinyk68

I don't think so, but its possible I'm remembering wrong.

She was on it on Tuesday. So were Naga and Pasha. Maybe that will help jog your memory?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

According to Daily Mail, it was because he feared he wouldn't win that he walked! Though, they seem surprised that his pay was cut!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3835325/Will-Young-s-Strictly-pay-cheque-SLASHED-25K-just-5K-BBC-bosses-rage-quit-email-fears-lose.html

I really hope this is not true because I always thought Will was one of the good guys. It's in the Daily Fail so there is a good chance it's not true.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

Daily Fail now saying Will left because of "infuriating squabbles" with Karen.:rolleyes: Next it'll be he quit because Kevin didn't like him! Still more believable than the 'I might not win so I'll just quit instead!' story.:pac:

I just hope his mental health is ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

I feel I should point out some of the comments made about Will on this thread prior to his withdrawal... :o:o:o;)
    Is it bad that I automatically want Will Young to win without even seeing him dance?

I love Will Young :o
    Same here. I've be a fan of his since his ain't no sunshine audition on Pop Idol. I went to see him in Cabaret a few years ago, he was outstanding. He could have two left feet and I would still want him to win.
    Ah, there's no way he'll have two left feet - the guy is so multi talented. I think he'll do well this year (fingers crossed!)

What a shame we can't vote from Ireland...he'd have lots of support from this thread anyway!
    Autosport wrote: »
    Did not realise it was back tonight :( only saw the last few minutes of it and I already love Will Young :D
    Ah thank you!

Was afraid I might have missed my lovely Will. :o
    Autosport wrote: »
    I love Will Young :D

Now it seems some of us have turned right against him as a result of reading those Daily Mail articles - which, in all likelihood, are complete and utter bóllócks.

I honestly don't mean to tell people what to do here - but I really, REALLY would not trust the Daily Mail. :o:o It hams up almost all of its stories, it takes every opportunity to tell half-truths and whole lies - and it will never stop hating the BBC. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

And while I can't say I've ever been a fan of Will, I wish him all the best in the future - regardless of the reasons for his withdrawal. :)

Greg is REALLY obviously favouring that left hand.....

Hmmm, not the best salsa I've ever seen, that last lift was a bit like the clean and jerk at the Olympics!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I like Greg energy, full of go :D

Come on Laura

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

Not a fan of Tess' dress...is it see through or what?

Greg's salsa looked laboured. He's definitely careful with the wrist. Hope it doesn't get worse.

Danny and Oti to top the leader board again?

Great QS by Laura!

Did she lose it a bit in the middle, though? Thought it looked a bit like Giovanni was "hopping" his steps but she wasn't?

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭yogibear77

Loving lauras quick step

Oh God.... I'm not particularly fond of Anastacia, and I HATE the rumba..... this is gonna be a long 5 minutes....

ETA - and I can't stand this song - a perfect storm!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

Wasn't Laura great tonight!

• Advertisement

I liked Laura's dance, but it wasn't as exciting as last week? If that makes sense.

I preferred Laura's dance over Anastasia's but I do like Anastasia:)

What a very odd song to do a foxtrot to :confused:

She's a feckin' Olympic gymnast, Darcy - if she doesn't have a strong core, who would???

Has Darcy ever gone a whole show without mentioning "your cooooooore"?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,147 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Claudia best dancer since sliced bread .

Claudia best dancer since sliced bread .
    Dunno about "best dancer" but she's very good, and I think they're just the cutest pair! I really hope they go far.

Oh Christ.......

• Registered Users Posts: 36,147 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

bd6b1e5141b789cc50a989c6053f9fd26154f9894e33f98e4b9b20451dc41137.jpg

Ed makes me laugh :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

Oooo I love this song.

Advertisement