Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strictly Come Dancing 2016

Options

Comments

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    OK, it was cute the first time, but he'd want to give up on the waterworks every time he gets a good score.

It's never occurred to me before, but Joanne has choreographed two dances already that were deemed worthy of comment by the judges - I think they should introduce a sideline prize of best choreography of the competition. Sometimes the contestants get unfairly criticised for dances and content that were nothing to do with them (except for the dancing of them, obviously) - Ore has fairly hit the jackpot in Joanne!

It is a sign of a good pro when they give the Celebs plenty to do on their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

That was unbelievable!!!! Incredible stamina and fantastic choreography. Great being able to see what Joanne can do with a great partner.

(Still prefer Jay's jive though.;))

Can Ore and Danny keep it up for the next 8 (is it?:confused:) weeks?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,428 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I think Ore had more dance steps than Joanne in that Jive :)
    Was worthy of 40!

(I still preferred Jay's jive also ;) )

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Ore's jive was brilliant but I prefer Danny as a dancer. He has more finesse and doesn't attack the dance like Ore. These two should definitely make the final unless the British public do something stupid in voting. And we all know they have been prone to that before. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

I don't know why you have quoted my posts. I didn't turn against Will since his withdrew from the show and clearly stated in my post that I don't believe what was written that rag of a newspaper.

My apologies. :o:o:o:)

I was just so shocked that quite a few of the posts following the publication of those articles - not any of your posts, mind - seemed to be leaning towards agreement with what had been written in them. And in the heat of the moment, I found myself quoting almost every "I love Will Young" post - which I admit now was totally unnecessary. :o:o:o

I know, and respect, that a lot of people do read the Daily Mail regularly. And they have every right to read it, so it would not be fair to tell them to stop doing so.

But it is a paper I have never trusted, and never will. (Except for one thing and one thing only - the puzzles. :o:o:D;))

So do excuse me if I have an outburst when someone brings up a DM article, and one or more users seem to agree with what's written in it. :o:o:o:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

RosyLily wrote: »

Well, Blackpool's five weeks from now, anyway... :o:D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

It is a sign of a good pro when they give the Celebs plenty to do on their own.

Agree - have commented before that Kevin is particularly good at putting his partners forward.

There wasn't much made of poor Brendans lung infection, despite his best efforts!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

That was unbelievable!!!! Incredible stamina and fantastic choreography. Great being able to see what Joanne can do with a great partner.

(Still prefer Jay's jive though.;))

I think Ore had more dance steps than Joanne in that Jive :)
    Was worthy of 40!

(I still preferred Jay's jive also ;) )

I've just watched these both back, and I definitely think I prefer Ore's jive!

Jay's one had a certain familiarity because it came from a film so we all knew the look and the costumes and some of the moves - Joanne did up a whole new dance for hers (or if she didn't, I've certainly never seen that danced before!).

Also, I remember thinking at the time, and now watching it back I'm reminded, there was something just a bit odd about how Jay and Aliona's jive was split in two, with different music for both bits - neither felt like a complete dance really.

Now don't get me wrong, Jay's jive was bloody brilliant. But on the whole I prefer the feel, the atmosphere, the look and just the whole vibe of tonight's one!

Two bits I particularly loved in Ore's jive (what else!)

Near the beginning, the couple of slow kick/flick steps before they took off like the clappers - really clever!

And that bit where Joanne just stood back and he jived like there was no tomorrow - the timing and precision in that and the last bit where they danced together were INCREDIBLE.

My new favourite dance of this series.

• Advertisement

Last observation on that jive.... (I may be becoming slightly obsessed!)....

The obvious, and infectious, delight of Joanne (or presumably any pro) at being able to absolutely let fly with a really difficult dance - she clearly was having an absolute ball dancing that as well.

I'd say I'm in the running for being Joanne's number one fan :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Just finished watching it now and I have to be slightly controversial and say I would have swapped Ore's score with Danny's - I thought he nailed the quickstep and it just flowed much better. Ore's Jive was great, but personally, I thought Danny did a better job tonight.

Also, as Len mentioned the holy trinity of Jives, I still think Jill Halfpenny has yet to be beaten on that score ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Interesting dance off, I don't know who I want to stay more

• Registered Users Posts: 36,146 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

One knight only, apparently not .

Anna looks like she just goes through the motions.

Hmm second dance was full of mistakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

No rumba has matched up to Vincent and Rachel's from a few seasons ago imo. Naga going home I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,932 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Re Anastacia ,Have to agree , she came across very stiff and it looked like she was just doing it to get it over and done with .To me anyway.

I like pasha though :D

Autosport wrote: »
    I like pasha though :D

Sounds like something you would call a toy dog .

• Advertisement

Sounds like something you would call a toy dog .

He can be my toy dog ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Watched last nights dances again. Loved the fast and slow parts of the jive - really clever. Thought Danny should have gotten at least one 10. Am a Louise fan but did not like her dress. Think it's going to be Danny, Ore & Louise for the final.

They must be paying Anastasia big money and are keeping her In the show to get their money's worth. Her dance off was full of very obvious mistakes. Nega made mistakes as well but not as many as Anastasia.

TBH Ed balls should be gone by now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Even a blind man could see it should have been Anastasia to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

deco nate wrote: »
    Even a blind man could see it should have been Anastasia to go.

Don't agree at all....I didn't see mistakes in her routine, if they were there they were subtle. Naga's mistakes were obvious.

Plus I thought Anastasia's dance had a real sex appeal to it, wasnt by any means perfect but it was good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

I honestly couldn't see that Naga would get any better as the competition progressed. Anastasia did a much better routine and deserved to stay. Even Brendan's dash to a and e didn't get them the sympathy votes either. Not saying she'll get much further anyway. There really must be a lot of Ed Ball supporters out there. I can't see many people voting for Laura Whitmore or Louise Rednapp in the long run. And I just hope Ore hadn't peaked too soon in the completion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

There's been a long line of ed balls types before him. Unfortunately it's gotten to be something that's expected....the comical contestant with little in the way of dance talent stays in at the expense of decent but not spectacular talents..

The public nearly always come to their Senses though, he'll not be there for much longer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

Daily Fail now saying Will left because of "infuriating squabbles" with Karen.:rolleyes: Next it'll be he quit because Kevin didn't like him! Still more believable than the 'I might not win so I'll just quit instead!' story.:pac:

Wasn't Karen supposedly fighting with Ola in previous years. There's something I don't like about Karen, she comes across as very false on it takes two.

• Advertisement

368100 wrote: »
    Don't agree at all....I didn't see mistakes in her routine, if they were there they were subtle. Naga's mistakes were obvious.

Plus I thought Anastasia's dance had a real sex appeal to it, wasnt by any means perfect but it was good

Anastasia had three very obvious mistakes in her routine including missing a turn near the at the end of the routine. Even Brendan shook his head and smiled because he thought they were gone.

Advertisement