Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strictly Come Dancing 2016

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

Anastasia had three very obvious mistakes in her routine including missing a turn near the at the end of the routine. Even Brendan shook his head and smiled because he thought they were gone.

Fair enough...didn't spot that....but I stil liked to feel of the dance over naga's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

368100 wrote: »
    Don't agree at all....I didn't see mistakes in her routine, if they were there they were subtle. Naga's mistakes were obvious.

Plus I thought Anastasia's dance had a real sex appeal to it, wasnt by any means perfect but it was good
    Did you watch the dance off?
    She didn't know what to do, her dance partner had to grab her to do the right moves.

Like someone else said I read, they want to keep her in cos of the big money being paid.

Don't know if that is true or not, but she was the one to go from what I saw.

Crazy to think that yer man will from x factor or what ever it was called when he won, was just getting 25 grand for this.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

I thought all the celebs got paid the same.

Also, Americans never do well on Strictly. Michelle Williams from Destiny's Child did poorly.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 13,428 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Bases on some of the posts since yesterday, I think a few people have been spending too much time in Conspiracy Theories forum :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

It's the same as Celebrity Big Brother, the bigger the "celeb" the bigger the bigger pay cheque.

• Advertisement

It's the same as Celebrity Big Brother, the bigger the "celeb" the bigger the bigger pay cheque.

Not according to the sun, if it's to be believed.....

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/1967414/how-much-do-strictly-come-dancing-celebrities-judges-professionals-get-paid/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

368100 wrote: »
    God, it’s not a huge amount of money for the amount of time and effort it involves. You’d get a lot more than that for just sitting on your ar*e in the jungle or in Big Brother. I think it’s a testament to the show that it attracts quite a high calibre of contestant considering the money isn’t exceptional. I would presume that the sums mentioned in that article are just for the show and don’t include the tour? It’s fairly crap for the contestants and professionals if that includes the tour.

As an aside, is Brendan really in contention for taking over Len? I wouldn’t be a fan of his at all, there’s something very smug about him. Anton has a good personality and manner about him, I would think Brendan too cold a fish to be a judge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

Well I'm paying no attention to the tabloids or the conspiracy theories whatsoever.

Especially when the latest CT is that Naga went because of her skin colour. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: It is true that no white celeb has been eliminated in the normal way thus far - but, Jeepers H Crackers, is there not such a thing as coincidence??! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

(I like to make a few CTs myself, mind - but certainly not in this situation or the one with Will.)

ncmc wrote: »
    As an aside, is Brendan really in contention for taking over Len? I wouldn’t be a fan of his at all, there’s something very smug about him. Anton has a good personality and manner about him, I would think Brendan too cold a fish to be a judge.

I would imagine neither will get the job. I recon Karen Hardy will get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

ncmc wrote: »

Brendan and Anton are the two longest serving male professionals on the show so either would seem a natural successor to Len. Brendan was a judge on DWTS in New Zealand for 4 years. Two of those years were with Craig and they had vastly different views and marking styles.

Brendan is one of my fave pro dancers so I would like to see him as a judge. Anton is see as too much of a messer, I could see him similar to Bruno as a judge and I don't think we could handle 2 Bruno's on the panel. :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭Imnotthehulk

I would be disgusted if Anton replaced Len as a Judge. He comes across as a very mean spirited individual.

If it were a choice between Brendan and Anton, I'd choose Brendan every day. (With Darcy being made head judge).

I would be disgusted if Anton replaced Len as a Judge. He comes across as a very mean spirited individual.

If it were a choice between Brendan and Anton, I'd choose Brendan every day. (With Darcy being made head judge).

I thought Craig was being promoted to head judge.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,932 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

I like both Anton and Brendan . Anton I think can get fed up being paired with the "older" contestants most of the time ,which seems to shorten their length of staying time in the competition . Just my opinion on it though.

But both men are fantastic dancers , my favourites to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭Imnotthehulk

I thought Craig was being promoted to head judge.

Sorry, I just meant I'd make Darcy a head judge if I had the power. I'm sure Craig still is the person being promoted.

I hadn't considered Brendan for judge, thought anton would be a shoe in (pardon the pun) ;-)

But thinking about it, Brendan would make a better judge I think....

I don't however think Craig should be head judge, he's not balanced enough and will favour "showy" elements to a dance rather than score for traditional footwork etc. That's something Len took to the panel.

Darcy and Bruno are not critical enough most of the time so I don't see any of the remaining 3 as suitable for head judge :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

I would imagine neither will get the job. I recon Karen Hardy will get it.

I was thinking Karen as well. She seems to know her stuff and can be critical when needed. Or bring back Arlene.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

RosyLily wrote: »
    I was thinking Karen as well. She seems to know her stuff and can be critical when needed. Or bring back Arlene.;)

Arlene was great. Don't like Anton at all - he would put me off watching.

Gorka has been rehearsing with Anastasia this week. Seems that Brendan's lung infection hasn't improved.

RosyLily wrote: »
    Gorka has been rehearsing with Anastasia this week. Seems that Brendan's lung infection hasn't improved.

Brendan was told to take things easy till Friday, so Gorka has been teaching Anastasia the dance. Brendan is doing the right thing in following doctors orders!

Also, LOVING the two new dancers who are doing the choreography section in Karens absence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

Gorka is now dancing tomorrow night with Anastasia. Poor old Brendan. He hopes to be back if she gets through this weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Laura Whitmore isnt dancing tonight due to an ankle injury.I wonder will that rock the boat at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,428 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Laura Whitmore isnt dancing tonight due to an ankle injury.I wonder will that rock the boat at all.

Rock the boat in what way?

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭yogibear77

De de de de de dee de de de de deeee

Wonder how that'll work out. I think Dancing with the Stars show rehearsal footage if a couple can't make the live show and judges judge that. I think!

Oh I do love judge rinder. He really makes me smile :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Very tall order to come out first and do a jive after Ore's last week!

First mention of Blackpool :mad:

Oh dear.... this isn't great :o

Why do they have her arms covered in that flesh-coloured material? Makes her looks like a corpse! I know they fill in gappy bits on the costumes with it, but the whole way down her arms? :confused:

Diplomatic Corps for Darcy

• Advertisement

I thought leslie did ok there.

Not a lover of the cha cha cha daaaarling....be interesting to see how it goes

Advertisement